ASV Inventions - Levers
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: ASV Inventions - Levers

ASV Inventions - Levers

I don't usually do reviews but this company has it coming in a good way.

ASV Inventions :: Search For Levers

Levers.JPG

I've used these on all my bikes, no issues, crazy strong, high quality, great bearings, thick quality anodizing etc.. I've bought them from different outlets.. etc..

Is this why i'm recommending them...? NO!

I'm recommending them because I was going on the Big Bent Trip and I wanted spare levers. I ordered two pair directly from them on there eBay store and when they arrived I put them aside waiting for the trip to come.

I never checked them, not-ta. Just put them away.

I subsequently a few weeks later got a phone call and several emails from Vince Le at ASV he was really shook-up that they may have sent the wrong levers. I confirmed they did and he immediately sent replacements of the highest quality, much better than I originally bought as spares.

When I told him about the trip he scrambled to make things right, all on trust, no pre-payment required.

That's the type of vendors we need. Besides that their stuff is just plane top notch.

This is current info as per yesterday by the way and a perfect first post for this gear review. I have no affiliation with ASV..

JJ

levers 2.jpg

Excellent!! Thank you JJ!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    I don't usually do reviews but this company has it coming in a good way.

ASV Inventions :: Search For Levers

Levers.JPG

I've used these on all my bikes, no issues, crazy strong, high quality, great bearings, thick quality anodizing etc.. I've bought them from different outlets.. etc..

Is this why i'm recommending them...? NO!

I'm recommending them because I was going on the Big Bent Trip and I wanted spare levers. I ordered two pair directly from them on there eBay store and when they arrived I put them aside waiting for the trip to come.

I never checked them, not-ta. Just put them away.

I subsequently a few weeks later got a phone call and several emails from Vince Le at ASV he was really shook-up that they may have sent the wrong levers. I confirmed they did and he immediately sent replacements of the highest quality, much better than I originally bought as spares.

When I told him about the trip he scrambled to make things right, all on trust, no pre-payment required.

That's the type of vendors we need. Besides that their stuff is just plane top notch.

This is current info as per yesterday by the way and a perfect first post for this gear review. I have no affiliation with ASV..

JJ

levers 2.jpg
    JerseyJeeper, Ken and twmax like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

They better be good at that price. Ouch
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I wanted to add this is the person who took it upon himself to do the right thing at lightning speed:
    Sometimes it's the person as much or more than the vendor that wins or keeps you as a customer.
    Levers 4.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    They better be good at that price. Ouch
    You get what you pay for and they really are that much better than all the others I tried. I know some will never spend what I do on dubby... lol

They are cheaper at resellers and ebay, just like any manufacturer they can't compete with there re-seller channel. It pays to look around at pricing.

I didn't pay what's listed at list price.
    WERA689, TopPredator, Ken and 2 others like this.

rbm
    The last I looked I found the cheapest price on Amazon, believe it or not... I was looking at the BDC616 and CDC609, which ones did you get and how much$$? I have them on my 919 and really want to get a set for the TW.
    littletommy, Ken and JerseyJeeper like this.

The levers are very nice, feel good look great too. I have a pair of BLUE ones on my TW. I have them both adjusted as close as possible, which is just right for me, they still are far enough away that they can't pinch fingers when hauled in. The original TW levers might as well be a mile away for me, I had to roll my hands forward to grab the levers. Safety is worth a little bit of money..

BE AWARE - There are TWO versions of brake lever!! One for mechanical drum BHF316-B (blue), one for hydraulic disc BHF326-B (blue). But they only show the part number for mechanical disc on their website, but it shows compatibility for all years!! So I ordered/received the wrong one (drum) for my 2013 (disc), and had to do the whole email jamboree dance to get the right one sent out, but it was painless, except they are California and I am Connecticut- so it took almost 3 weeks to get them on the bike.

I ordered the F3 series clutch and brake levers. I know ASV has other series/price points, but I ended up thinking the F3 version would be good for the adjustable reach. I really don't think the unbreakable guarantee will be needed with my lever brush guards in place.
    Last edited by ToolmanJohn; 03-01-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: grammer
    littletommy, Ken and JerseyJeeper like this.
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300 - Suspension modified for height
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

rbm
    JJ, what part numbers did you wind up with?
    Ken, littletommy and JerseyJeeper like this.

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolmanJohn View Post
    The levers are very nice, feel good look great too. I have a pair of BLUE ones on my TW. I have them both adjusted as close as possible, which is just just, they still are far enough away that they can't pinch fingers when hauled in. The original TW levers might as well be a mile away for me, I had to roll my hands forward to grab the levers. Safety is worth a little bit of money..

BE AWARE - There are TWO versions of brake lever!! One for mechanical drum BHF316-B (blue), one for hydraulic disc BHF326-B (blue). But they only show the part number for mechanical disc on their website, but it shows compatibility for all years!! So I ordered/received the wrong one (drum) for my 2013 (disc), and had to do the whole email jamboree dance to get the right one sent out, but it was painless, except they are California and I am Connecticut- so it took almost 3 weeks to get them on the bike.

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like I might have the wrong part numbers...
    JerseyJeeper, Ken and littletommy like this.

My most recent order, the one they had to exchange was for my Husqvarna 791 Enduro. The ones on my TW200 I ordered last summer I think. It was from an eBay reseller and I had the same issue but they fedexed a replacement. I'm not sure I have the boxes any more. I think ToolManJohn must have the right numbers as that was my exact issue. I love the levers. Especially on the TW. Mine are black.

Here's a little consolation for some. The factory front 701 OEM brake lever is $106.00 for just that one lever. Not all oem parts are as affordable as TW parts. I'm thinking most euro are pricey so ASV has a market. We're spoiled a bit with TW parts pricing. Not that I'm complaining.
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links