Baja No Pinch Tire Tool
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Baja No Pinch Tire Tool

Baja No Pinch Tire Tool

This is great and is for putting the tire back on the rim. Wish I would have had one of these at Moab when we put my son's new tire on his KTM...right ejfranz? We got it on but struggled with the hard tough carcass of the Maxxis tire he got.

Some videos at the bottom of the link and if you google "Baja No Pinch Tire Tool" you'll see a bunch of youtube video's of it in use as well.

How to Use the Tool

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Awesome tool. What do you guys use to break the bead if your doing a repair out in the middle of nowhere? I find it such a struggle changing tires in my garage I don't even bother bringing tools for that when I ride. Oh wait I do have a small 12 volt compressor.......ok forget that too until I install the 12 socket that has been sitting on my work bench for a year or so.

Thanks to you admiral, I just bought one. Along with a Bead Buddy and a Shinko SR241 front tire.
    Dryden-Tdub, admiral and goldenhtr like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That's not fair! A knobby tire is not properly changed unless blood is spilled.
    Rockit, renny10n and neckless like this.
    Phelonius

$155 wow.... too much for this cheap skate LOL....
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

Neat tool but I kinda like the old school spoons.
    admiral likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

The kickstand will break the bead. There are hand bead breaker tools but they are just one more thing to carry and I haven't had good luck using them.
    admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    Neat tool but I kinda like the old school spoons.
    Yeah, that's what we had (tire spoons) and when I say we struggled I mean we fought it hard. The carcass of the Maxxis tire he used was nowhere near as easy to change as even the stock TW rear tire...except for breaking the bead part. His old tire was easier than breaking the bead on a rear TW 34.

You'll still need the spoons though as this is only for putting the tire back on the rim not taking it off.
    TopPredator likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by socalnative View Post
    The kickstand will break the bead. There are hand bead breaker tools but they are just one more thing to carry and I haven't had good luck using them.

I have never had a flat out on the trail (see below image ). Never used anything but spoons to remove a TW tire. The sort of exception was Mrs. Admirals ATV Ceros when I put it on backards and to take it off and put it in the correct direction. I did the home shade tree bead breaker I saw from a youtube video. It worked. 'Course this was with the ATV Tire on a Trailer Rim so it doesn't really count does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    Awesome tool. What do you guys use to break the bead if your doing a repair out in the middle of nowhere? I find it such a struggle changing tires in my garage I don't even bother bringing tools for that when I ride. Oh wait I do have a small 12 volt compressor.......ok forget that too until I install the 12 socket that has been sitting on my work bench for a year or so.
    You can lay the tire/rim down & use the kickstand against the bead to break it down. It's a bit of work, but it does work .
    TopPredator and TrailWaysAW like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links