• 1 Post By Trail Woman
  • 2 Post By Dryden-Tdub
  • 2 Post By Trail Woman
  • 1 Post By stagewex
  • 5 Post By olderthendirt

Thread: Very poor quality part

Very poor quality part

Hi Guys,
    I don't usually knock a supplier/vendor publicly, but I felt a need to share here. I purchased an LED tail light with bracket from ProCycle. I'm doing some upgrading and customization on my 2012 TW. I thought the stock tail light and plate holder looked kind of bulky and cumbersome on the bike. When I saw the ProCycle light it looked like it really cleaned up the back end of the bike and was advertised as a brighter, more visible alternative to the stocker so I ordered one.
    I was quite disappointed when I unboxed it. The bracket was quite flimsy and the supplied hardware was sub standard cheap junk bolts. I tried fitting to the bike and found the bracket had to be bent to sit properly up under the fender. Bending it cracked the cheap paint on it before it even left the driveway. Frustrated at this point I decided to hook it up and see how the light worked.
    The tail light is terrible. The "super bright LED's" are not bright at all. On a bright sunny day you would have to look closely to see that they were even on. I then pulled the brake lever to check the brake light function. It was marginally brighter then the tail light, but again no where near "super bright".
    It is my honest opinion that this light would be downright dangerous for daytime riding in traffic. I asked a friend to follow me and tell me how it looked as I was riding. He stated that the brake light was quite dim and the tail light was almost non detectable in bright sunlight.
    At that point I put the stocker back on. I'd rather be seen then be stylish. Perhaps I got a defective one? I don't know as I have not seen another to compare it to, but based on what I received I can not recommend this tail light to anyone .
    Dryden-Tdub, Peterb, Ken and 1 others like this.
    Riding a TW is like riding a piece of freedom Hidden Content
    I don't want to go where the road takes me. I want to go where it does not.

Wow ...I made mine with ABS sheet plastic and a light from ebay and it was less then half price of procycle's. And all around I'm really happy with it.
    DSCF0431.JPG
    Last edited by Trail Woman; 03-30-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    Ken likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by olderthendirt View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I don't usually knock a supplier/vendor publicly, but I felt a need to share here. I purchased an LED tail light with bracket from ProCycle. I'm doing some upgrading and customization on my 2012 TW. I thought the stock tail light and plate holder looked kind of bulky and cumbersome on the bike. When I saw the ProCycle light it looked like it really cleaned up the back end of the bike and was advertised as a brighter, more visible alternative to the stocker so I ordered one.
    I was quite disappointed when I unboxed it. The bracket was quite flimsy and the supplied hardware was sub standard cheap junk bolts. I tried fitting to the bike and found the bracket had to be bent to sit properly up under the fender. Bending it cracked the cheap paint on it before it even left the driveway. Frustrated at this point I decided to hook it up and see how the light worked.
    The tail light is terrible. The "super bright LED's" are not bright at all. On a bright sunny day you would have to look closely to see that they were even on. I then pulled the brake lever to check the brake light function. It was marginally brighter then the tail light, but again no where near "super bright".
    It is my honest opinion that this light would be downright dangerous for daytime riding in traffic. I asked a friend to follow me and tell me how it looked as I was riding. He stated that the brake light was quite dim and the tail light was almost non detectable in bright sunlight.
    At that point I put the stocker back on. I'd rather be seen then be stylish. Perhaps I got a defective one? I don't know as I have not seen another to compare it to, but based on what I received I can not recommend this tail light to anyone .
    Have you given ProCycle the opportunity to make it right by voicing your displeasure to them? There are a lot of us here who have purchased different items from ProCycle, myself included. My experience was pleasant but I do recognize that their prices are higher than other sources. Good luck and thank you for sharing.

Tom
    Ken and admiral like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't encourage all out boycott because they do offer us more selection then most, but maybe in the case of this item contacting them to make it right and/or finding/making one maybe be in order.
    Ken and admiral like this.

Never had a problem ordering and/or returning something I didn't like from ProCycle and I've ordered a whole lot of stuff from them in the past.
    If it looked flimsy to you when you opened it that certainly would have been the best time to return it. Bent/broken now... you'll have to depend on their good nature for return or even store credit.

Can't eat the burger and then say you didn't enjoy it and want your $$$ back. But post a picture of it if it's that bad of a product (ProCycle doesn't make it) so others can see. They must be selling them to somebody?
    Ken likes this.

Yes Dryden I have through Email and voice mail contacted them. I am waiting for their reply. To all, please don't misunderstand my post. I'm not advocating a boycott on ProCycle. I have purchased many fine items from their company. I am only sharing my experience with this particular item they sell. It is quite honestly a piece of cheap Chinese junk. My post is only to help others from making the same disheartening purchase.
    Riding a TW is like riding a piece of freedom Hidden Content
    I don't want to go where the road takes me. I want to go where it does not.

Sponosred Links