Herobiker Knee Pads
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Herobiker Knee Pads

Herobiker Knee Pads

I bought these for about $40 liking the coverage between boot and knee, as well as the rigid cup over the knee and the velcro fasteners top and bottom so hinged armor always covers the knee however bent.

I was initially very pleased with the warmth and wind protection afforded at speed in cold temperatures this winter. They also kept my pants drier from mud and water splashes.

However this last weekend I put them to impact test when a branch deflected me into a ditch. I landed hard enough for the perimeter of the rigid cup to dig through the accordion like padding of the knee guard as well as my riding pants cutting into and breaking my skin both above and below the knee itself. Knee is just fine, no blown up patella, pain nor swelling. However thigh and ankle which absorbed the deflected energy are still quite sore to the touch.

Do I call this a favorable review since I ended up with just minor injuries adjacent to the knee? I think so. I fear without the Herobikers I might not be walking today. I would recommend these guards.

Other souvenirs of the spill were a cell phone shaped bruise to the ribs and a mildly sprained and swollen paw.

Wrist was annoyingly painful rest of the trip but was worth enduring since the riding conditions were so excellant....accelerating out of corners was a mix of "Yeah!...Owww!...Yeah!"
    Last edited by Fred; 05-11-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I bought these for about $40 liking the coverage between boot and knee, as well as the rigid cup over the knee and the velcro fasteners top and bottom so hinged armor always covers the knee however bent.

I was initially very pleased with the warmth and wind protection afforded at speed in cold temperatures this winter. They also kept my pants drier from mud and water splashes.

However this last weekend I put them to impact test when a branch deflected me into a ditch. I landed hard enough for the perimeter of the rigid cup to dig through the accordion like padding of the knee guard as well as my riding pants cutting into and breaking my skin both above and below the knee itself. Knee is just fine, no blown up patella, pain nor swelling. However thigh and ankle which absorbed the deflected energy are still quite sore to the touch.

Do I call this a favorable review since I ended up with just minor injuries adjacent to the knee? I think so. I fear without the Herobikers I might not be walking today. I would recommend these guards.

Other souvenirs of the spill were a cell phone shaped bruise to the ribs and a mildly sprained and swollen paw.

Wrist was annoyingly painful rest of the trip but was worth enduring since the riding conditions were so excellant....accelerating out of corners was a mix of "Yeah!...Owww!...Yeah!"
    Ow!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Y.g.t.o.f.t.s.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Nice report. Glad they helped. Wondered where you’ve been? Any pics?
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Dang Fred that hand looks more like an elephants foot! Hope you heal up quickly.

Tom
    JerseyJeeper and Peterb like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

are those the Tall Forma boots?? I ordered some low ones and am waiting to see them before I get some knee shin guards. how is the interface between the boot and the knee guards, ? comfortable? thanks for the report

Ouch Fred! Hope that hand will be OK quick!
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

My goodness, that hand looks terrible. Heal quickly.

I will probably invest in those knee pads based on your recommendation. My older pair of riding pants had very small pads built in. My newer ones (MSR's) just have some extra rubber built into the knee area. Have you used the hero's in warm or hot weather yet? They look to be great in cold weather.
    JerseyJeeper likes this.

Yes to Forma Adventure tall boots.
    Fairly comfortable unnoticeable joining of boot to knee/ankle guard. Guards tuck in a little over an inch into the tall forma Adventures for my 32" inseam.
    Ribbing where ankle guard enters boot allows both airflow and water flow in and out around boot's cuff, a mixed blessing.
    Have only ridden in a max of ~ 70 degree weather so far. Imagine may get hot and/or sweaty where velcro bands wrap around the leg.
    Patrick1967 likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

Fred, Fred, just because you got new protection doesn't mean you have to try it out. Supposedly it is tested before you buy it. Too bad you didn't have a super glove on to protect that hand.
    admiral likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links