Tire Valve Stem Fishing Tool Puller (With Valve Core Remover)
Close

Like Tree30Likes
  • 5 Post By Sthrnromr
  • 4 Post By Trail Woman
  • 2 Post By Ski Pro 3
  • 3 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By Sthrnromr
  • 7 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Trail Woman
  • 4 Post By Ski Pro 3
  • 1 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By Darth

Thread: Tire Valve Stem Fishing Tool Puller (With Valve Core Remover)

Tire Valve Stem Fishing Tool Puller (With Valve Core Remover)

So, recently I saw an interesting trend in the poll and thread that TrailWoman posted about working on your own bike. The trend was that most people here do and that is great. However, what came as somewhat of a surprise was the fact that a lot of folks said “yes, except for tires.”

Now let me be clear, what I am about to say is 100% exclusive of mounting an ATV tire on the rear wheel. You can search my debacle thread for reference and laughs. Hey, I did finally get it mounted and seated but it sucked. Badly.

Ok, changing front tires and stock rears on the TW have been some of the easiest tire changes that I have done on tubed motorbike tires. Motion Pro spoons and plenty of lube and they gone on very easily. In fact the Shinko 241 that we love so much, can almost go on without using the spoons. Calm down, I said almost. But it was very easy. Again, always plenty of lube.

Anyhow, recently I decided to give this little gizmo a try. Many of you may have one, used one, or heard of one. I am not sure how, but I had not.

If you are ever going to change a tubed motorcycle tires, invest $12 in this thing. It truly is amazing and easy to use. Fishing that valve stem through the rim hole with a new tire and big hands sucks. This makes it incredibly simple and quick. I highly recommend grabbing one of these. Wish I had one years ago!

If this can help even one member here, this post was worth it.

Item link below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tire-Valve-...e/143228728440
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

My fingers just relaxed after seeing that...sigh. I've had to fish around for others as well having smaller hands then my peers. I have only changed the front tire myself and had some help with it but can say the shinko 241 is a much easier tire to change then stock or the 244.

I have one just like it. It was called a Valve Stem Snake when I ordered mine for mounting heavy M5B 19" rear tires on my MX bike. The stiffer the tire sidewall, the more you'll love this tool.
    jtomelliott49 and Sthrnromr like this.
    The bear slayer!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Gosh, I've always used a piece of fine wire or fishing line to accomplish the same thing. I simply remove the core, then run a piece of fine wire through the Shrader valve's top loop then reinsert into valve stem. Tag end of wire goes through hole in rim, a little pull, and the task is completed. Tweezers help thread the core in and out just a couple of threads.core.jpeg
    jtomelliott49, Ken and Sthrnromr like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Gosh, I've always used a piece of fine wire or fishing line to accomplish the same thing. I simply remove the core, then run a piece of fine wire through the Shrader valve's top loop then reinsert into valve stem. Tag end of wire goes through hole in rim, a little pull, and the task is completed.core.jpeg
    Yeah lol and I always smashed my fingers, knuckles and hands lol. But yes, essentially the same tool except for the end is valve stem remover as well, if you don't already have one. Like I said I don't know how I never used or came across this before. Especially after dozens of tires :/
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

I try to equip the valve stems on all my wheels with these combined cap & removal tools. Saves digging in the toolbox for the dedicated core removal tool.schrader valve cap 01.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I try to equip the valve stems on all my wheels with these combined cap & removal tools. Saves digging in the toolbox for the dedicated core removal tool.schrader valve cap 01.jpg
    Yeah I got them too. Nice to know if you get a valve leak on the road with a handpump you can fix it on the fly.

I have these on almost every tire I own. From trailers to trucks. Look inside and they usually will have a red gasket. If the valve does leak, the cap can keep it inflated enough to keep from going completely flat.
    51loX6OwBrL.jpg
    The bear slayer!

I love the metal caps with the valve remover but fair warning if you are up here in snow and salt country. I use nothing but plastic caps on my vehicle wheels because they don't fuse to the valve stem like the metal ones do after being left on in salty road conditions. All the newer vehicles come with those pesky TPMS gadgets these days and if the metal cap rusts or fuses it gets real expensive. I am getting to hate the new technology because I keep two sets of wheels and tires for each vehicle, Summer/Winter and every time I do the swap I have to get the TPMS things reprogrammed. I finally went and bought the tool so I can program them myself and avoid the tire shop and dealer to get it done.

GaryL
    Sthrnromr likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Oh, yezz!

I discovered these in 1957 at age 14 on my first "moto"...a new Sears Allstate Puch 50cc moped. See avatar pic.
    I had to deliver a butt-load of newspapers and mow a ton of yards to pay cash for that bad boy!

There's been a whole lot of bikes since then and they've all had 'em...
    Sthrnromr likes this.
    “It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

Humans: simultaneously capable of such genius and such douchebaggery!

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links