1990 Seafoam Green / Turquoise TW200 Aquired
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 1990 Seafoam Green / Turquoise TW200 Aquired

1990 Seafoam Green / Turquoise TW200 Aquired

Good day all:

I started out posting in the classifieds forum a bit, so some of you may know me but I wanted to start a thread here to formally introduce myself and my 1990 TW200. I found the ad here posted in the classifieds - thank you to Evan for posting this as I hadn't found it in a normal search due to the erroneous information in the title. https://tw200forum.com/forum/tw200-cl...d-%241900.html

The bike didn't have a title (lost title paperwork started with DMV and had about 200 in back fees), no front turn signals, no right hand mirror and the threads were almost gone (due to I'm sure trying to force a regular threaded replacement mirror in there.) , ripped seat, crusty old chain with frozen links, liner already added to fuel tank, original tires, overall speckled with corrosion, etc.

It had been used primarily off road at hollister its whole life and had just over 5K miles. The gentleman I bought it from got it from the original owner, his friend, in trade for some high end guitars and amps/equipment. After initial contact was made, it took almost a week to coordinate a showing due to the fact that it was at San Jose Yamaha getting a full service checkout and they kept it on hold for a needle valve seat that needed replacement in the carb. (Called this dealer to verify) One thing I noticed is that not only was the drive chain out of adjustment and unservicable in general, the motor also made an intermittent racket under mid rpms. A little research led me to find out that the timing chain adjuster on this year model was not automatic. After correctly making the adjustment, the motor purrs like a kitten.

Aftermarket accy's already farkled:

Jimbo's Crystal Clear Windshield

Ricochet Skid Plate

Pro Taper ATV hi bars with Pro taper pillow Grips

Stainless steel Allen Engine Case Bolt Kit (not yet installed)

Cheapo Ebay Footpegs currently on the slow boat from china. (regretted this purchase after reading up more on them)

Ebay Custom Two tone Charcoal / Light Gray Seatcover replacement. (Excellent customer service and great cheap price)

I would certainly entertain some offroad excursions with the local bunch here in Nor Cal! My neighbor recently picked up a 2003 TW200 with clarke tank as well he has been using to commute to work on but the main focus will be to get away on short adventures on the weekend with them.

That cleaned up nicely. You already have a nice list of practical mods. I wouldn't sweat the eBay foot pegs, they will work just fine.

Looks pretty damn clean for a bike that is a quarter of a century old....nice!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Very nice restoration, congratulations on a job well done. Almost looks too pretty to go get dirty now. Now time to go have some fun riding your beauty?

Nice bike!
    I've had my teal 1990 for a few months now and love it. The Previous owner had plasti-dipped the fork gators black to the tank is the only part still teal. I think it came out well (see avatar).
    I'm a few miles down the road in Pleasanton and would enjoy going for a ride sometime.

Kinda weird, I like the color on the tank, but not the fork boots. Many may not like it, but I really do like that color. As others have mentioned, looks spiffy now. Glad you figured out the manual cam chain adjuster. Have fun on your short adventure's.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

one of my faverite colour combos for a tw .you did a great job on that restoration ,but you still shouldn't be afraid to get it dirty ,thats its purpose in the great scheme of things.

rbm
    Congrats!

Ive left the seafoam color on my 90 and thinking about spraying the wheels the same color. Does anyone know the factory name of the color?

Congrats! She's a bute!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links