Finally!!!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Finally!!!

Finally!!!

Got the 10 day old 2014 T-Dub out on the Roads...35 miles riding the flat/straight roads of Mercer County Ohio towards the Hoosier State Line, then back to the West Bank Road and Lake Shore Drive of our 13,000 acre Cesspool called Grand Lake St. Marys....now going to head out side and take my first thoughts in....still want to tighten up the foot brake a bit more, and adjust the clutch to get that to let out a bit quicker, for my own personal taste.

Remember this is the first new bike I've had in years and the first bike of mine that I have ridden since 1989....we are talking 25 years here! But like anything else...drinking, fighting, and other things, even out of practice, you catch on quick....so far, I didn't lose much memory on this....

First Thoughts: (1) Miss 6th gear...but that will come (2) Most Comfortable riding the flat straight pavement of our country back roads at between 42-50 mph...got it up to 55 but no higher, not sure how it will run at 55+ on the open road? Will find out tomorrow when it hits 63 degrees. (3) other than the brake and clutch adjustments, also need to set the mirrors to my liking...but all in all, I really like the feel....like I said, it's been awhile, and I can't wait for warmer weather to really get the feel of it....more later:

Photos...open flat paved roads and the pothole filled roads next to Grand Lake, along with the city streets of Celina were my targets today....more diverse as I get used to it:

first ride finally 002.JPGfirst ride finally 005.JPGfirst ride finally 007.JPG
    r80rt, R100RT, Fred and 4 others like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

glad you are finally getting to enjoy your new baby. i wish i had a dime for every time i've reached for 6th..... maybe if i ever get the ttr motor in that will be a real advantage!
    Fred, Hoot Gibson and williamemack like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    i wish i had a dime for every time i've reached for 6th!
    Same here!
    Dubzha, Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That is one beautiful looking bike now that it is out in the sunshine, about time old man winter turned you loose. My big toe still gets sore reaching for that imaginary 6th gear almost every ride.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Great looking bike!! Love the blue!
    2013 T-dubbin…..livin the dream.

Good to see you out and about Hoot. I finally got out yesterday for a good run myself.
    A 15 tooth sprocket may ease that "need another gear" feeling but wear out that 14 tooth first and get an O-ring chain along with the 15 tooth front sprocket when the time comes. I went with a 15 front and the 50 rear and really like the combo. My TW breathes a little easier at highway speeds and still performs well off road.

Go back and tell that Canada goose in the second picture to take his time coming home. Everything up here is still frozen solid.
    Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

I'm glad yammie went back to the blue........ I like it so much my wife's bike and mine are 06 blue (o; Have fun, Oh by the way I've owned mine for 8 years and still find myself reaching for 6th... OMM.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Sixth is for when you don't want your palms to tingle. Open that baby up, periodically just to blow out the carbon. I have a stretch of 13 miles of I-25 that I have to ride returning from my 130 mile around the mountain circuit and the bike actually enjoys being opened up to WOT. Some of us bought our first MC after 60, and I guess get our thrills cheaper than the old vets. My stock gearing will run 65 and close to 68 or so if its not too much up hill. Hey and with a tail wind its a screamer, but it handles like a bike that really likes to go 55 on pavement and 40 on dirt if its solid. Enjoy and don't forget its your friend so don't thrash it too much with out befriendiing it an equal amount. Tom
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Swap the chain NOW! Too much time and money involved to do it right in 6000 miles, and way too much time you could have been riding instead of doing chain maintenance.

I have 270 miles on my new tw...
    Could I do an o-ring chain now with the stock sprockets Qwerty?
    My stock chain is almost at 2.25" slack
    Gonna do first chain adjustment tonight. Seems a little hard shifting
    Thinking one notch on snails should do it
    Thanks
    Last edited by Holdnon72; 03-30-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links