Let Me Get That For You
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Let Me Get That For You

Let Me Get That For You

I'm so mad at illegal dumpers!

So every once in a while, I'll do my part and pickup after the ugly Americans.

You have the right to bear arms...and target shoot...and leave the trash after you're done. Crap like this gives us all a bad name you jack wagons!

I've even offered to transport my loot to the landfill on my dime, if the county would let me drop it off for free. Yep, as expected, no word from the county or BLM. (See above comment)

Apparently, if you leave it along side the road, they'll pick it up...

...and this was just the tires. Come on America
    Last edited by admiral; 02-05-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    r80rt, TW-Brian, Leben and 10 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

get the same thing here, but they just dump tires along side the road or in someones front yard at night.

hey whats that color your bike is painted??? and what bags do you have??
    2005 Tdub

It's unfortunate. The wagonjacks just weren't raised right. I clean up creeks, ditches, and my own fields regularly. Trash pickup and disposal here is admittedly expensive. I'm fortunate and a business owner locally with a big dumpster lets me put roadside trash I've picked up in it for disposal and a tire business owned by an Eagle Scout will dispose of the occasional tires I find.
    Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

For the most part, Americans are pigs. Cleaning up our various properties is a never ending chore. I'd like to catch one in the act. Just once.

Hoot Gibson likes this.

I live on a side road that loops off the main road and goes right back. Just me and one other neighbor about half a mile away. My road is the dump for many and just last year a guy drove past with a trailer full of junk and two big 275 gallon heating oil tanks. I drove down and found this jerk at the bottom where a small creek crosses dumping the remaining fuel in the tanks in to the creek. He made the mistake of telling me to mind my own business. I called the DEC and they caught him in the act polluting wetlands. He got a $5,000 fine and did 30 days in lock up. The salvage yard at the bottom of the mountain refuses to take tanks that still have liquid in them so the guy could not scrap them until he emptied them. The landfill and the politicians made a brainiac decision to start charging $2/ tire to dump them at the landfill. Now we find piles of tires along every back road around here. I get mattresses, old couches and reclining chairs and tons of old paint cans every year dumped on my road so I sure do feel your pain Admiral. Catching these jerks in the act becomes a danger because they will come back under cover of darkness and retaliate by messing up my property. They just have to worry about me.

GaryL
    Fred and Adam-n-nevada like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Retaliation is a valid concern these days. That's what happens when a criminal justice system is more concerned about fantasies of coddling and rehabilitating criminals than protecting honest people from criminals. That's why shooting perps was legal until those who would abuse power sold the sheeples on the idea that those who would abuse power could compete with God in the protection and salvation rackets.

I see that around where i live too and it pisses me off, im a firm believer in leaving a place cleaner than you found it.

There is a boat ramp that my Bass fishing club does a cleanup on every year. This ramp is only open from April 1 to Memorial day weekend and from Labor day to November 30th and its amazing the amount and types of junk left there. From old funriture, tires, we had to remove an old engine block one year. Then there is the general trash like worm containers, coffee cups, beer cans etc. We take about 5 or 6 full 45 gallon trash bags of junk out of there every year.

There is a town i live near that had a lot of immigrants and the amount of stuff that's just tossed along the road is disgusting. I ride the train into work every day and woods besides the tracks are littered with all sorts of junk from tires to old couches, mattresses and all other manners of household trash.

I also love that people seem to think the bed of my pickup is their own personal trash can. I have had all sorts of goodies thrown in there. My all time favorite was the guy that though he would throw his kids poopy diaper in there and i saw him do it as i was walking to my truck in the parking lot. I had a few choice words for him and lets just say he got his diaper back........
    Last edited by jb882; 04-03-2014 at 08:01 AM.
    Fred likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

good post admiral ,i guess this problem is universal over the world .we live in a disposible world where everything gets thrown out instead of reuse or recycle.people who see this this problem more than anybody are outdoor sports like us .it falls on adults not teaching their children to pick up after themselves .i taught my son back when he was a toddler going out with me on the quad to alyways bring out whatever we took in. and to this day he practices this ,even fast food containers in his car,he brings home to put in the recycle bins.we have a tire recycle fee of three dollars on every tire sold,but you can take the old tires to any place that sells tires.so there is no excuse for throwing them in the ditch or woods.tires arn't as mush of a problem as fast food garbage on the road .people are to lazy to put it in the proper places.one stupid move thepowers that be did was put a $ 40.00 surecharge on every ac or old fridge to remove the r12 freon from them,so guess where a lot of them went,back road ditches and dumps.if politicians would get out their offices once in a while and go bikeing or atving the back country they might get an eyefull.and i don't mean their fancy manicured trails around towns and citys.

Well done Admiral, thank you.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

great post!...i have a main road running in front of my house and the elevated interstate running along the side of my house...the garbage that comes out of cars on the highway and in front of my house pisses me off to no end...i am picking up junk and cigarette butts in front of my house all the time...most of the garbage from the highway doesn't get too close to my house cause there is a little over 100 feet between the edge of the highway and the state fence along my property and there is woods in between...i have seen 2 tractor trailer truck tires out there that i have been thinking of going out to get but they are in the wetlands and half full of mud so breaking the suction wouldn't be easy...maybe i will try though before everything grows in...could make a good tire swing for kids in the future...but there are all kinds of things that i can make with a tire...check this website out...lots of cool DIY ideas on here... Tires Search Results

i also love when i go up to new hampshire, vermont and maine cause those states are so clean and don't have garbage all over the roads...and when i'm up hiking i get really angry if i find garbage on the trail

and i recycle everything...some weeks my recycling bins are more full than my garbage can...and i'm always going to the scrap yard with my grandfather to get rid of stuff and make a little cash in the process

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    ...Eagle Scout...
    i'm and eagle scout too
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links