hello from Florida
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: hello from Florida

hello from Florida

hello all,

i have always like the Tdub and even more so once i became familar with the Brat style. building a brat Tdub was the plan originally (and it may still happen) but i was recently re-connected with trail/dirt riding and fell in love again. i ride a xt225 (which i also have converted to a supermoto but have a second set of wheels) and my little brother rides a ttr225. i was hoping that he and i could get some street legal enduros and do some exploring but he's a college student who doesn't work so his funds are limited. i came across a sweet deal on a tw and pulled the trigger so there we have it. i own one now and i'm very excited to play with/on it.

scored this Tdub this past weekend for $500 because the guy had it listed in the bicycle section and listed as a "yamaha 250" with no mention of TW200 ....i don't think anyone saw the ad. runs but the base gasket is blown. i've already ordered the top end gasket set so hopefully next weekend it'll be on the road. needs a little TLC but not much. i bought it in Daytona so it has minor surface rust to clean up.

Hoot Gibson, TWGIRL and Fred like this.

Welcome. Nice find, I like that price!

Just replaced my base gasket a few weeks ago.

B-dub did a great base gasket replacement tutorial in the Technical Write ups section. Good luck and have fun with the TW.
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...placement.html
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Welcome. Nice find, I like that price!

Just replaced my base gasket a few weeks ago.

B-dub did a great base gasket replacement tutorial in the Technical Write ups section. Good luck and have fun with the TW.
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...placement.html
    i actually read your post and B-dub's 2 nights ago in preparation for the job. i'd like to add that i appreciate the time you took to document that task. THANKS!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Woohoo, now if I can just convince you to keep a dirt setup. Congrats, glad to see you over here.
    daddysmut likes this.
    "I am simply a guy trying to master a very simple machine with very complex dynamics"

MSF Rider coach

Nice score! I wonder if Tashia's ex knows she just sold his 'dirt bike'?

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake morris View Post
    Woohoo, now if I can just convince you to keep a dirt setup. Congrats, glad to see you over here.
    you know Beefcake, i'm really struggling with what i'm going to do with it....keep it dirt for John or other friends to tool around with me OR brat it out. if i sell the vulcan and get the CRF250L, i will most certainly go brat.

i'm gonna bring it to Durhamtown too. Is Mike coming with his?

Quote Originally Posted by daddysmut View Post
    you know Beefcake, i'm really struggling with what i'm going to do with it....keep it dirt for John or other friends to tool around with me OR brat it out. if i sell the vulcan and get the CRF250L, i will most certainly go brat.

i'm gonna bring it to Durhamtown too. Is Mike coming with his?
    No he is not coming.

I wish he was, because 3 TW's running around Durhamtown would be sweet. Have you checked out the Duro Grip ATV tire change out. I am seriously thinking about doing this in the summer when it is warmer out in FL.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    "I am simply a guy trying to master a very simple machine with very complex dynamics"

MSF Rider coach

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake morris View Post
    No he is not coming.

I wish he was, because 3 TW's running around Durhamtown would be sweet. Have you checked out the Duro Grip ATV tire change out. I am seriously thinking about doing this in the summer when it is warmer out in FL.
    sucks he's not coming

yeah, i've seen it. if i keep it dirt i might do that later on down the road. my budget is stretched really thin right now with all the builds and maintainence i have going on with all these damn bikes

Nice find! It does pay to do different searches on CL. I've found them under Yamaha 200, enduro, duel sport, etc.......
    daddysmut likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

so yesterday i rebuilt the top end and did a couple of misc things to the Tdub. i was surprised that when i went to fire it up it started on the second revolution

took the maiden voyage today to work. found out that the brakes are deathly scary lol

she purred like a kitten on the ride. topped out at around 67mph.

i got spotted on the ride to work by a friend too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links