Places to ride near Louisville Kentucky?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Places to ride near Louisville Kentucky?

Any suggestions on voices were to ride near Louisville Kentucky

I grew up in Louisville!!!

Went to Ballard, and St Francis High Schools.

What part of town you on?

Sorry... don't know about where to ride haven't lived there for twenty years just saying hi!
    Last edited by Fr8dog; 04-23-2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

10239 n old state rd 135 Vallonia IN 47281. Thats just an address to old state rd 135. Its maybe a mile long buts its a miniature version of the dragons tail in Tennessee. There is lots of good riding in southern indiana. There is a guy just outside of Kurtz indiana who has around 170 acres that lets people ride on it. He has a small track, gnarly hillclimbs and some trails. Its called motosupreme. Look up the 2013 or 2011 hnf ride on advrider. Gpx files of the ride go from tell city IN to Martinsville IN. The southern routes have some really great back roads. 2013 Hoosier National Forest Ride Oct. 26-27 - ADVrider
    another thread is on the regional forum of advrider. The indiana thread is basically the southern half of indiana where guys show picks of neat things down south and get together and ride. There is a huge culvert pipe that goes under 37 and 64 interchange thats pretty cool to ride through. its about 1/2 mile long. We rode through it on the 2011 hnf ride. Redbird SRA in Dugger IN is a really nice state owned park. I think its $10 per plated vehicle. Im going to try to get a few fellow tw'ers to all go down there sometime this summer when everything is dried up.
    Last edited by small's; 04-23-2014 at 09:38 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The guys over at thumpertalk seem to think highly of this place. I have not been there. Mountain Parkway Off-Road Park - Kentucky Motorcycle and ATV Trails
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8dog View Post
    I grew up in Louisville!!!

Went to Ballard, and St Francis High Schools.

What part of town you on?

Sorry... don't know about where to ride haven't lived there for twenty years just saying hi!
    I am a transport to the Louisville area, originally from Cincinnati, Ohio. I live northeast of town in Oldham County

Quote Originally Posted by small's View Post
    10239 n old state rd 135 Vallonia IN 47281. Thats just an address to old state rd 135. Its maybe a mile long buts its a miniature version of the dragons tail in Tennessee. There is lots of good riding in southern indiana. There is a guy just outside of Kurtz indiana who has around 170 acres that lets people ride on it. He has a small track, gnarly hillclimbs and some trails. Its called motosupreme. Look up the 2013 or 2011 hnf ride on advrider. Gpx files of the ride go from tell city IN to Martinsville IN. The southern routes have some really great back roads. 2013 Hoosier National Forest Ride Oct. 26-27 - ADVrider
    another thread is on the regional forum of advrider. The indiana thread is basically the southern half of indiana where guys show picks of neat things down south and get together and ride. There is a huge culvert pipe that goes under 37 and 64 interchange thats pretty cool to ride through. its about 1/2 mile long. We rode through it on the 2011 hnf ride. Redbird SRA in Dugger IN is a really nice state owned park. I think its $10 per plated vehicle. Im going to try to get a few fellow tw'ers to all go down there sometime this summer when everything is dried up.
    Thanks Small's that is excellent information. Me and my other bike (yikes Harley) will definately try the Hoosier Forest Route. My TW is not plated so long pavement riders are a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    The guys over at thumpertalk seem to think highly of this place. I have not been there. Mountain Parkway Off-Road Park - Kentucky Motorcycle and ATV Trails
    I think I will try this place this weekend. A friend told me it was a little rough to ride solo, but it maybe all I got. I really wanted to try riding at Haspin Acres in Indiana, but they are closed this weekend for a on-foot mud race, "Spartan Race".

I have taken the "big jeep" (heavily modified) to Haspin several times. When I was there there were quite a few big rigs running around. Be careful. Personally, and it is truly just a biased opinion, I like the Badlands in Attica better.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I was at Haspin in 2004 with a two drive Ford Ranger. I did not make it very far. We sat in camp the rest of the night unitl it got really wild once night fell. Once it was dark the crazies came out. Some guy raided a camp site and stole the steaks from a cooler, then ate them. I remember a truck that had the transmission go out so owner rolled it over, becuase they had no jack to get the tires off it, while they were any at camp getting a tire tool someone else lit it on fire. Shorty after this we left in the middle of the night/early morning, hit the road and head for home, too rough for us.

Rumor had it the place has cleaned up its act so I was thinking about giving it another try.

My son goes to Haspin with his Jeeps pretty regularly. He and his buddies are some of the crazy night riders, but not raiders. The worst they might do is lock you inside your trailer and take off (if they know you).

We are planning on going there with the ATV's and SxS's this summer some time.

The Hoosier National Forest is where I ride most. My place down there is just north of Eckerty (Hwy 64, 37 & 145) (Wickliffe). We can get from there down to Alton and Magnet on the backroads with the ATV's and do so regularly. The areas up and down along Governor's Trace (road name) is nice to ride. Plenty of side roads, some dead end (take a break) and some loops (Old Felker Rd is a cool ride).

Interlake is like Redbud, but in Linville, IN. It's an abandoned strip mine where they turned it over to the state. There wasn't a gate, so no charge my last trip. One day they'll have one. It's a blast, but don't go alone! Bring a buddy, or join a group. You need a plate or DNR registration. KY may be reciprocal, no idea.

Check out some of my tracks at Everytrail: EveryTrail Trips by genebond - page 1 - order: creation date | EveryTrail (user name genebond)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links