hello from a newbie and a question
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: hello from a newbie and a question

hello from a newbie and a question

hey folks

pick up a sweet little 2008 tw200 for my wife... has a minor minor cylinder head leak - more of a weep actually that i ll address later... 1300 miles - $2500... very clean

my ride is a xr400r... looking forward to riding the sierras with my missus and showing her the ropes..

anyway, i m about to replace the front tire... i was thinking about the shinko 241 trials tire.... i run a mt43 on the rear of my xr and i love it... since the new shinko is nearly 4 lb heavier than the stocker, i was wondering if this may be too much of an increase for my wife... she is 140 lb and fairly inexperienced on motorbikes... she s a rockin mtb ride tho so she ll learn fast... she has been out on the tw 5 or 6 time and already has her license...

will the extra weight of this tire be too much ?? i know the benefits but will she have problems handling the bike ??

great forum !!!

cheers !!!

rbm
    Hello and welcome! You'll have no problems with a replacement tire, it can only do good as the stocker is total crap and unsafe IMHO.
    Joemama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Hello and welcome! You'll have no problems with a replacement tire, it can only do good as the stocker is total crap and unsafe IMHO.
    hey rbm... thanks for the reply... i know i ll have no problems but how about the missus

stoked to find this forum, great info and cool folks... just contacted james about one of his nice jimbo shields !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    I don't think she'll have any problems either. I replaced mine with a 244, I didn't notice the added weight but I did notice the increase in stability on and off road, the front end will feel a little heavier. Anyone running the stock front tire is in for a pleasant surprise when they change it and I will say it again, I think the stock front tire is dangerous.

You will have the opposite of problems. I know it sounds funny but a tw can keep up with an xr on the trails. Just takes a Good rider

Sent from Android for Nook Tablet using Taptalk
    -tcepilot Hidden Content
    --- Psalm 23 Verses 4-5 ----

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
    for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed
    my head with oil; My cup overflows. (New American Standard Bible)

here we go... ready for some good times..

Just put the 241 on my 07 and love it. Don't feel any extra weight at all. Haven't had it off road yet but I feel much more confident on the pavement, just seems to stick like glue. Know it's going to be even better off road.

thanks for the help fellas... gotta order me some rubber !!

Hey Norcal,

Welcome to the forum!

I like your XR400. That is probably one of my all time favorite bikes. I've had four of them and would love to have another one if they only had that magic button. Is that a CR front end you've got on yours?

Where are you located? We've got a pretty good group of NorCal TW nutjobs that won't discriminate against your Honda in case your wife won't let you borrow hers !

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Hey Norcal,

Welcome to the forum!

I like your XR400. That is probably one of my all time favorite bikes. I've had four of them and would love to have another one if they only had that magic button. Is that a CR front end you've got on yours?

Where are you located? We've got a pretty good group of NorCal TW nutjobs that won't discriminate against your Honda in case your wife won't let you borrow hers !

Brian
    hey brian

thanks for the reply... love my xr4... front end is off a 2008 crf450r... i put it on about 2 years ago... awesome... maybe one day i ll look into the e start conversion, a number of folks over at thumpertalk have done it...

i m outside grass valley... in the middle of some real real good riding... love it here... i ve been on the wifes dub a few times and it sure is fun..

she is pumped with it... got her struttin around with her new alpinestars stella bionic armor on when the brown santa dropped it off this afternoon !!

good times !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links