my tdubs first wreck
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: my tdubs first wreck

my tdubs first wreck

So today in between tearing out flooring in my house (post hot water heater flood) and ripping the drywall out of that room I decided to go out for a trip. Ended up being close to 100 miles round trip. probably 75% off road. mostly green dot roads. I gotta take the chance to say that the bike worked just awesome! It's slow, quiet, bouncy, squishy, and all sorts of other things, but boy is it a good time.

Now on to the story.

I was traveling down a fairly steep 4x4 road that intersects with a gravel road. The road itself was really rutted, but no a problem for the beast. There happened to be a car traveling down the gravel road I was about to intersect so I decided to stop and wait rather than being that guy that jams on the gas and cuts the car off. Right about then the front wheel slid into a deepish rut sideways and down the bike went. I did a kinda flip and landed on my feet. The geo metro rolled by and w lady rolled down the window, reached out, and gave the thumbs up. The bike and I are just fine with the exception of the bent to hell clutch lever. When I hit the ground I had a moment of panic thinking I had just dropped my ducati or honda until I remembered I was on the dub and thats what its for! All in all it was pretty damn hilarious and of corse there had to be someone to see.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagorilla1 View Post
    ... When I hit the ground I had a moment of panic thinking I had just dropped my ducati or honda until I remembered I was on the dub and thats what its for!
    LOL!

Glad you are alright.

Time for the handguards! Glad you are ok and have a good sense of humor about it. Was it a stock front tire by any chance?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It was pretty funny. For the rest of the ride I was thinking about that clutch lever busting off. Then what the hell do ya do.

The front tire says kings tire on it. Don't know much about it. I know its not stock. This bike is a 93. The back tire was out for its first spin. Brand new after last rides flat. I decided that old rear tire had to go.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

I broke mine falling over in the alley showing off, fired it up, bike was cold and two of my Harley friends and I were getting ready for a ride. I started it up, slowly rolled into the middle of a huge mud puddle, standing up, gunned it, was going to spray water and mud their way, snicker snicker he he and because it was not warmed up, it died the moment I gave it full gas and was going to dump the clutch and get em. Well, I went to put my leg down and my pantleg got caught on the left peg and my foot couldn't reach the ground. They watched as I slowly fell over, at a deadstop, trying to get my pantleg loose, and landed smack dab in the middle of the puddle. You could here them laughing a block away... I popped off the ball end of my lever. I added handguards to my list right then.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I had some killer crashes this weekend. I tend to see hills and try climbing them regardless of how steep and long. It's just to fun not to even know I know I won't make it. I broke the clutch lever Friday in the middle of nowhere and had to put my brake lever on to get home. Worked ok but weird riding with no front brake

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    sp_cache likes this.

rbm
    Wow! Could have ended worse, glad you're OK!

Ha Ha Littletommy, another of those Hold my Beer and watch this stories! I did one years ago, showing off of course, laid it over to do a few donuts in some gravel and the rear tire hooked up. Launched me off and my pals just watched as the bike did all sorts of twisting gyrations until it crashed. Needed new forks, bars and the clutch perch and lever. Donuts are for eating these days!

Yup, hand guards are a savior and I drove home a couple times in second gear with no clutch. I only have about 15 miles on the new Shinko but I can already feel much better earth to TW communication.

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    Atta boy, Tommy. Wish we all had a video of that !
    littletommy likes this.
    I sell TW200 stickers for $2.00ea. delivered. See Hidden Content for details. Hidden Content

2014 TW, DMO pegs, Yamaha rack, Doubletake mirrors, Jimbo shield, extended pilot screw, Snapback clock, Ebay risers, Seat Concepts, o-ring chain, Ricochet skidplate, brake leash, IMS folding shift lever, ProCycle tool tube, 130 main jet and two shims, route sheet holder, compass, temp/humidity
    indicator.

It was funny, falling over in slow motion, helpless, bike dead, foot caught, splash.

*don't forget to warm up your bike...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links