TW Photo contest
Close

I was on another forum today that has a photo contest every week. Would anyone here be interested in that? Every week there would be a topic for the photo such as "TW at sunset", or "your TW and your pet", or something along those lines. the topic has to be something that includes your TW and every Sunday the winner of the previous weeks contest gets to pick the new topic. What does everyone think about this idea? I think it would be a fun way to show off our TW's and More incentive (as if we needed that) to get out and ride more. Just an idea. everyone please put in your 2 cents worth.
    1999 TW200 Mods- Fishing rod holder, Tail bag, handlbar risers, and soon to be JimboSheild

Sure, sounds good.

Here's a teaser:

2007 TW200, Café Shield, Rear Cyclerack, Ricochet Skid Plate.

How is the winner chosen, by vote?

I have seen a contest like this in another forum as well, but that one is more like a race to see who posts the first photo, then that person picks the next subject. I guess it is more of a challenge than a contest. Subjects are made to be difficult like, "Post a photo of your TW with a uniformed police officer sitting on it." A couple weeks might pass before someone comes up with a photo.

One of their rules is you cannot dig through your archives and post an old photo. It must be taken after the challenge was started and it must be your TW in the photo.

Mark
    '10 Truimph Bonneville Std.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chevyluver View Post
    I was on another forum today that has a photo contest every week. Would anyone here be interested in that? Every week there would be a topic for the photo such as "TW at sunset", or "your TW and your pet", or something along those lines. the topic has to be something that includes your TW and every Sunday the winner of the previous weeks contest gets to pick the new topic. What does everyone think about this idea? I think it would be a fun way to show off our TW's and More incentive (as if we needed that) to get out and ride more. Just an idea. everyone please put in your 2 cents worth.
    How about my tw and my *ock.....no seriously, I own a male chicken....ok joke is a little lame but if there is a chance to make a *ock joke ya got to do it...anyways...the best pics that i have come across are adventure pics so i think we should start with that...but for a real contest there must be a prize...maybe a night with my *ock (um...male chicken, get your mind out of the dirtyness)!!!!

Yep, good idea- I would be in that.

Could you use the reputation meter to tally votes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark In WA View Post
    How is the winner chosen, by vote?

I have seen a contest like this in another forum as well, but that one is more like a race to see who posts the first photo, then that person picks the next subject. I guess it is more of a challenge than a contest. Subjects are made to be difficult like, "Post a photo of your TW with a uniformed police officer sitting on it." A couple weeks might pass before someone comes up with a photo.

One of their rules is you cannot dig through your archives and post an old photo. It must be taken after the challenge was started and it must be your TW in the photo.

Mark

At the end of the week, a poll would be posted and everyone would have a chance to vote. I agree with the rule that it should be a new photo not an archived photo, and that it must be your TW in the photo.
    1999 TW200 Mods- Fishing rod holder, Tail bag, handlbar risers, and soon to be JimboSheild

It sounds like people like this idea. I'll make a new post with rules and the first topic. For a while this will be an evolving contest as we get more idea's.

I haven't been a member of the forum for very long, but this sounds like a terrific idea. Did it ever take off? Jeff
    2010 TW200

Look up the topic's "Photo Contest" by chevylover. Current photo contest in "Photo Contest #9".
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sounds good .........i really enjoy all the pics posted by the members......and i'll soon be posting a few of my own.........just waiting for the thermometer to start goin up a bit

Sponosred Links