Push Starting? - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Push Starting?

So you gonna order one ol pal?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Maybe I'll sell some Go-Pro stock or overcharge some little old lady to put monkeys in my pocket and order one soon. Darn forum, just when I think bike is where I want it I realize I need something else.
    Last edited by Fred; 07-31-2014 at 12:22 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Us seniors need a kicker, just in case. You really get around and off into the wilderness much more than most of us Fred. If anyone "should" have one, it's you.

*and you said you knew better, so I'm calling you on it. Someday, you'll thank me for "forcing" you to go get one!!
    Fred likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

To the OP - If you don't want to spring for a kicker at least make sure you have a decent battery in your TW. In my opinion the stock flooded cell batteries are marginal. The higher end replacement batteries (Shorai, Odyssey) are pricey, but you can get a good AGM YTZ7S clone that is smaller and lighter than the stock battery but delivers more cranking amps. They can be found on ebay for very decent prices, there have been good reports of longevity, and you don't have to worry about servicing them or having them leak on you in a fall.
    Dave-o likes this.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Throw in the issue of rain with a dead battery & we will all beat those little monkey brains tender.

Thanks everyone! I'd planned to try the push / bump start this past weekend and then promptly forgot to do it. It'll be this coming weekend before I have a chance to try again. Would still love to have a kick-starter though! Appreciate all of your input!

I bump my TW for fun all the time. Seriously, 3 step and pop the clutch (on pavement, hard dirt or something with a little "bite").

I'm 6'1" and 210 and athletic so I know that helps - if I was unable to do it as easily as I do I'd get a Kick, but as it is now, there isn't any need for me.

B-dub hit the nail on the head, keep a decent battery. The only time I've had to bump a TW was after recuperating from surgery kept the bike in the garage without a battery tender for several months, and the battery was several years old to begin with. Upgraded to a Chinese AGM from eBay. Hasn't failed to start since. First hint of battery weakening, I'll order another cheap AGM and enjoy a few more years of dependable starts. Tdub2 has a custom FePO4 battery pack that should last forever, and a kicker. Kind of like a belt and suspenders.

I just accidentally lost the perfect video from Rubicon. Evan's bike, overheated from rock crawling, burbling at high elevation with sea level jetting just would not restart using starter. One simple stab with the kickstarter got bike going again.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Hmmm.... wonder if there is a way to secure a spare Lithium Ion battery somewhere on the scooter, just in case....

I mean, I know it's a bit pricey at around $80 - $100, BUT they only weigh about a pound and they can be stored in any position AND they hold a charge a LONG time.
    Fred likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links