callingTWROG?
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By TWROG

Thread: callingTWROG?

callingTWROG?

Has anyone herd from him lately? He hasn't posted anything since his GF took that spill. I hope she's doing better.
    2001 TW200
    1999 DR350SE
    2002 Sportster 1200
    Suzuki Ozark 250 (Broke)
    Rokon RT140 (in a basket)
    Belarus AS250 tractor

He was on the forum early this morning, but no new posts.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Wow, thanks for caring Im fine. Girlfriend had her surgery last week Tuesday. Pain is finally subsiding but she is still stuck pretty much laying in bed. Doc said it was busted up pretty bad. He used as many pieces of bone that he could plus added a few bone graphs, plate and screws. Still hard to believe a 4 MPH tip over did this. He said no weight on it for 3-4 months, expect an 8-10 month recovery/rehabilitation process. Said by this time next year she should be able to walk without anyone knowing she had a bad fracture (no limp). He also said she will develop arthritis in that knee and will probably get pretty bad as she ages. Ive talked to several other people that have had similar injuries and according to them they think the doc is giving us worst case scenario.

Her spirits are good, its been in the 70s for the last couple days here. She has mentioned a few times how its a bummer she cant ride You hear of people not riding anymore after a motorcycle injury, I dont think she will be one of them. I on the other hand think I will be scared for her. Ive pictured in my mind the first time she throws a leg over a bike........think Ill be freakin

I come here every day, actually several times a day to read. But, the passion and anticipation I had in the beginning has faded. For me it wasnt really the TWs (though I like em a lot), it was that me and Tina were going to have some adventures together. And now thats not going to happen.........at least not this year.

Ive taken both bikes out for some short trips. They both run well. The 09 has an annoying rattle in the instrument area. At first I thought it was the key ring but I grabbed it and the noise continued. Put my palm across the instruments with some pressure and the noise became muffled. Cant find anything loose, Ill have to investigate. When I changed the oil on the 06 I checked for oil flow after start up at the head. At first there was no flow so I continued to unscrew the bolt. I did that till I ran out of threads.................the bolt popped out and oil came a gushing I thought I cleaned it pretty good but after the ride not so sure. After the ride there was a nice film of oil on the left side case. Either I didnt clean it up as well as I thought or Ive got the base gasket leak. If its the base gasket leak I will have to fix it...........or bring oil with me
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Rivershot, if you want to go riding Im up for it On the TWs or the sportys..............dont matter
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Quote Originally Posted by TWROG View Post
    Rivershot, if you want to go riding Im up for it On the TWs or the sportys..............dont matter
    Sounds good to me. I'm going in for minor wrist surgery on the 17th, so if things go well maybe we plan a mid April TW ride.

All my friends have cruisers and baggers, not even regular dual sport, much less a little mule.
    2001 TW200
    1999 DR350SE
    2002 Sportster 1200
    Suzuki Ozark 250 (Broke)
    Rokon RT140 (in a basket)
    Belarus AS250 tractor

Sponosred Links