over 8000 members my two year wait
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: over 8000 members my two year wait

over 8000 members my two year wait

Hate to sound like others but...been hanging around for a long time. Love the site lots of great info very helpful. Feel like I know some of you lots of great riding story's and mechanical help. Had to log in at 8000 that's lots of tw ers.two years ago my neighbors brought home a 87 two it brought back many memories of younger days and all the old bikes l used to ride. The hunt was on!!! Had to have one.. Looked at lots of two some probably should have picked up but to slow..one call ahead of me...a day late...ha ha ..after a year ha ha not so funny!! Even got into a biding war for a06 tw find out my uncle out bid me.still ha ha over that made him pay top dollar (sorry)..Fed up going to buy new local dealer had two talked for hour or so end of week pick up my
    Tw!! Go to pick up dealer tell me how sorry he is but sold the pair to friends of owner. He could have one in month or so?? Can't get my hands on one not even new little upset head for local amvets for a beer!!!! That's where it all comes together just hapend to meet a nice couple from out west who's bad fortune of losing a brother.would be my goob luck!!! Turns out he had a 98tw less than 500 miles....sure hope he rides with me all the time he is more than welcome .after all it was his bike!! That's my two year tw story.more to come God is great Beer is good People are crazy

welcome asphalt,
    my your ghost rider ride with and watch over you. enjoy that bike
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Will try to keep my spirits up....will try to get some pics up may be spooooky. . Hard to teach old dogs new tricks this technology for some old dogs sure is scary!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ha ! Good story! Welcome Asphalt!
    I'm kind'a new hear myself, but I like it quite a bit!
    It can certainly be a strange, unexpected journey, happening upon one of these bikes,
    I guess we all got a story or two. I think you'll probably think it was wort the 2 year wait.
    Where ya' at? And what kind of riding you most looking to do?
    Mine's mostly for trails, and checking in on the neighbors.
    RicklesssS in Oregon

From central Michigan can't be to far from padlin not to spooook... Her !!!like her story to .I did say lurking for some time now.mostly trails it gods county for that we have miles of state & federal trails!!!! Hope all good spirits,..go with the moab group . can't go but hope to see pics..creepy... May have a beer with Hoot on his Michigan fed trail ride after all . GOD isGREAT BEER is GOOD. PEOPLE are CRAZY
    Last edited by asphalt; 03-11-2015 at 12:00 AM.
    Padilen likes this.

Welcome asphalt to the forum.

ronnydog

Welcome! All good things come to those who wait!
    Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
    It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

rbm
    Hello and welcome!

Welcome! Glad you're not going to be one of the silent majority, most of the 8000 members here are pretty quite. Lurking in the background is OK, but sharing wisdom and experiences are better in my book.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Check out the Indiana, Michigan and Ohio group page. Its the little used Community forum. Click "community" at the top of the page, then "groups" then select Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Several of us will be at the Michigan CCC Rites of Spring event in Atlanta, MI. (including Hoot, so he recently told me). Also Mid Ohio AMA Vintage days. And the Horizons Unlimited Ontario meeting which I am planning on attending.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links