What is a fair price for 2015's
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sensor419

Thread: What is a fair price for 2015's

What is a fair price for 2015's

Hello all I am new to the forum, and looking forward to reading all the great advice on here. I am currently looking to buy a new 2015 TW200. Called my local dealership today and they quoted me a price of 4500 plus tax and title. Seeing that the msrp is like 4590 from what I remember seeing I thought that price to be a little high. Seeing that I have never bought a new motorcycle, is that typical for them to be priced right at msrp? Or is this particular dealership trying to get a little too deep in my pockets? Whats your thoughts?

Flat out, In Indianapolis has one on sale for $4,090.00.

4049 at Honda East in Toledo. I'm not familiar with Flat Out, but my prior experience with numerous dealers in Indy was that they added all kinds of stuff to their advertised price. Honda East does not do that.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Hello and welcome! What they said^^.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Generosity rivaled by only Microsoft ^^^^^^^^^^^^ and Uncle Sam ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Check Craigslist in Cincinnati.....there is a dealer there that has a brand new 2014 advertised for $3600... They have been advertising it since before the holidays.....you might get it even cheaper.....

Mike

Don't bother calling dealerships! If you want a TW, current year model or left over the only true way to get the best deal is get a basic idea what you are willing to pay from the folks here and walk into the dealership with cash in your hand. Most dealers hate to see hundred dollar bills walk out the door.

You simply cannot avoid the taxes and in most states you will have to pay the title and registration fees. All the other dealer added fees are a bunch of BS such as freight and prep/set up. With cash money in your hand you should be able to walk out the door with a new 2015 for right around $4,000. If you need dealer financing and get sucked in for all sorts of other stuff like extended warranties, helmet, racks, coats, boots and gloves then you do so at your own peril. Green cash rules the day and you want a bike and just the bike.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by Jatfomike View Post
    Check Craigslist in Cincinnati.....there is a dealer there that has a brand new 2014 advertised for $3600... They have been advertising it since before the holidays.....you might get it even cheaper.....

Mike
    In the NYC are 2014s were listed for $3300-3900 in Jan, Feb & Mar. Almost all added on tons of fees. I got the $3300 but they jacked it up to $4185. I got it out the door for $3600. Not bad but a 2015 woulda been sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Don't bother calling dealerships! If you want a TW, current year model or left over the only true way to get the best deal is get a basic idea what you are willing to pay from the folks here and walk into the dealership with cash in your hand. Most dealers hate to see hundred dollar bills walk out the door.

You simply cannot avoid the taxes and in most states you will have to pay the title and registration fees.
    GaryL
    Kinda what I do. I ask on phone no BS, what can I pay out the door, out of state. I make sure they have my email cuz I usually get a revised price when I blow them off. Then I walk in with a stack of hundreds.

In CT I pay the sales tax and reg. fees at DMV. Tax was $220 and another $100 to reg, even though the reg alone was $45. Federal clean air, new safety plate, blah, blah, blah... They are worse than the dealer!
    Last edited by oilhed; 04-01-2015 at 05:45 AM.
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

Two years ago I purchased a new zero miles 2010 TW from a dealer for $3500 plus tax title license, no added fees. That was the lowest they would go.
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links