New tires offered by my local motorcycle shop....
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By Werloc

Thread: New tires offered by my local motorcycle shop....

New tires offered by my local motorcycle shop....

My local motorcycle shop where I bought my Tw from (and also sold me the rainbow warrior parts bike that we dismembered) just called and said they had two tw tires that they would sell for cheap cuz guy that ordered them didn't want them and they don't want to send them back. I really don't need tires right now but anyone else looking for any? they said $72 for front and $111 for rear. I'll go look at them and snap a few pics of them.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

never mind, just stock tires and regular online prices. Guess could probably save on shipping but my tires are almost new.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

The stock rear is under $100 delivered and a much better front, Shinko or Kenda is around $50. Your dealer wants full price plus!

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ripoff.
    TWilight likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Someone here was going to give me a rear tire for free. I just had to pay shipping cost. Shipping cost on a rear tire from a couple states away was $85 bucks, not in a box. Just wraped in paper like they come from anywhere else. "F" that..!!!! These vendors that sell tires online must have some kinda contract deal, cuz like Garry said, they are cheaper including the shipping cost. My friend owns a Suzuki dealership, and gives me his cost on what I buy from him. Some online prices are less than what he pays for some items. It falls into that A B or C cost list. Meaning the more of an item you buy, the less you pay. These more popular online vendors buy in bulk, and or don't have a warehouse or overhead. Some just list on website, you buy from and pay them, product ships direct from manufacturer or distributor. The vendor/seller could be a guy in a small appartment sitting at his computer in his underwear, and could be one of the biggest online dealers. This is how it's done. Look at Amazon for example (thousands of people sitting in their underwear.....just kidding). Lowest prices, and sell everything and anything. They only stock what their invested in. If I buy 100 tires an year from say Shinko, and you buy 3,000 tires from them. Who do you think will pay less per tire? It's all about moving product at volume, with little to no overhead.
    Last edited by Werloc; 04-01-2015 at 09:13 PM.
    kince likes this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks for the offer.. "BUT" like the guys stated that dealer is trying to get top dollar.. OMM.

Yeah. I agree. Not much of a deal. Ripoff Is a bit strong as he does need to make a profit to keep the doors open. I do try to buy stuff from him cuz like them and always gives great free advice.
    I have a golden boy on front so wasn't interested much in a front stock tire.
    Last edited by evan; 04-01-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Sponosred Links