Googles? Looking for Photochromic lenses
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Googles? Looking for Photochromic lenses

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help me out here?

I just picked up a nice MX Helmet. (normally use full face).
    I'm trying to find a set of goggles with photochromic lenses (clear in low light turn to dark in sunlight). Like transistions lenses for eyeglasses.

I do were eyeglasses as well so they need to be large enough to fit over them.
    [I know, I know, "what about dual sport helmets"]. I originally wanted a dual sport helmet with visor but after an extensive search (months) I could not find one that fit me right, Did not cost north of $500, and had DOT and ECE approval.
    So, I chose a real nice MX helmet (Thor Verge) instead.

Does anyone use photochromic MX goggles or know of where to get some?

Thanks,

Justin

Hm, I haven't seen any, but then again, haven't looked for them either. I did have a sheild like that on my street bike helmet. Pricey, but worth it. One thing I did notice about it. Man, did it scratch easy. If ya get one, be careful with it. Carry a cleaning spray and cloth with ya. Don't wipe it while dry. Maybe use tear-offs to keep the grit off lense. Maybe get glasses that change clear, to tint, if you can't find goggles with them. If you don't already have them? Just another option.

I bought new goggles, but don't fit comfy with my glasses, even though my glases are small. I'd prefer to use goggles, but have to settle with my DS helmet, visor and sheild.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

i ski around 100 days a year and have always used smith goggles for that, and now my old ones double as my riding goggles. i do not have the photochromatic lenses yet, but all the lenses i have had for them have been great at resisting scratches and preventing fogging. i use the IO/X and phenom goggles and they both have photochromatic lenses.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Maybe mine were cheapo's. I "think" I paid around $50 or $60 bucks. It was just a sheild (not goggles) for my Shoei X-11 helmet back in 2008. Or, maybe my cloth was dirty with grit. Either way, I did like how they tined during the day, and cleared up for my rides back home at night.....
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I used to buy cheapo riding glasses that has photochromic lenses. Cannot find them anymore. They had nice foam to keep the wind out.
    I have a pair of prescription riding glasses that have photochromics for the shorty helmet I use on the Harley , but when I ride with a full face (modular) or my "adventure" (MX style) helmet, I do not like to wear my glasses. A Photochromic shield would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarshred23 View Post
    i ski around 100 days a year and have always used smith goggles for that, and now my old ones double as my riding goggles. i do not have the photochromatic lenses yet, but all the lenses i have had for them have been great at resisting scratches and preventing fogging. i use the IO/X and phenom goggles and they both have photochromatic lenses.
    Thanks,

So I should look for Smith IO/X or Phenom? I assume the Photochromic Lenses need to be purchased separately?

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
    Maybe mine were cheapo's. I "think" I paid around $50 or $60 bucks. It was just a sheild (not goggles) for my Shoei X-11 helmet back in 2008. Or, maybe my cloth was dirty with grit. Either way, I did like how they tined during the day, and cleared up for my rides back home at night.....
    Man I love the look of your bike with the XT225 Tank. I've been looking for one but they are hard to find in Ontario Canadiana. Even the stock XT graphics match up with the look of the bike!
    Gives the T-Dub a more modern look.

Hey, Thanks. Yeah, they are very hard to find. I got very lucky finding that one. It just happened to be 2 hours before auction ending the very first time I searched ebay, and was lucky to have the funds for it. Since then, I've been looking almost everyday for another one for someone else. No luck. Saw a few, but in poor shape with dents and rust. I changed my bike a lot, so I'll be changing that pic soon.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
    Hey, Thanks. Yeah, they are very hard to find. I got very lucky finding that one. It just happened to be 2 hours before auction ending the very first time I searched ebay, and was lucky to have the funds for it. Since then, I've been looking almost everyday for another one for someone else. No luck. Saw a few, but in poor shape with dents and rust. I changed my bike a lot, so I'll be changing that pic soon.
    Right on.

I look forward to seeing the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Thanks,

So I should look for Smith IO/X or Phenom? I assume the Photochromic Lenses need to be purchased separately?

Justin
    I know you can get the IO/X with the photochromatic lens for about $230. I dont think they make the phenom any more, but you may be able to find some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links