I 99 Problems...
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I 99 Problems...

I 99 Problems...

But this ain't one of em.

On my way to work the other day, rode past these two cool Harley dudes on the side of road. I wonder how cool they felt...

I always stop for other motorcycles stopped on the road. I have taken gas out of my tank, I have peg pushed, I have even gone home to get my truck and the ramps, but never have I just rode by without seeing if they need a hand.

I signal thumbs up or down for bikes or snowmobiles. OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Um, yup, I might be a tool.

Kinda didn't even really think about that till now. Karma, here I am, have at me.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

That's why I like this forum, we get information that changes how we think about different situations. You are however correct about Karma, I grew up with a Father that will never pass ANY vehicle stuck on the side of the road. I recently came across a guy on the side of the highway walking with a gas can. He was obviously in motorcycle gear but looked like a badass gang member. I pulled over and asked him what was up. He said that his bike ran out of gas about 2 miles back. Oddly enough, I was in my pickup truck on my way back from looking at a bike. He got in my truck and we drove back to his bike, a 600 Ninja. When we got to the bike he put the gas in and it would not start, the battery was too weak. we tried to pull start it but it would not go. We pulled out the ramps, put the bike in the back, strapped it down and drove him to where he lived, many miles away. I got home VERY late at night and my Wife asked why I would go through that much trouble and drive to such a bad neighborhood at that time of night. My answer was simple, I truly believe that had I been on my bike and this man been in his truck, he would have stopped and done the same thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BRug14468 View Post
    Um, yup, I might be a tool.

Kinda didn't even really think about that till now. Karma, here I am, have at me.

Oh, and one more thing about Karma, even if he wouldn't have stopped...He will next time.

You are absolutely right. I'll get mine.

And you know I can't remember the last time I didn't stop in my car for someone stuck in some snow come winter time. But for whatever reason that day I thought they were suckers. As I passed I was thinking how easy it would be to loosen up a hose and drain some fuel and was wondering why they didn't do that assuming they had the capabilities. On the flip side, it would have been really easy for me to do that. I could justify it by saying it was a busy road, there's gas stations every ten feet on 104, but I was in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BRug14468 View Post
    You are absolutely right. I'll get mine.

And you know I can't remember the last time I didn't stop in my car for someone stuck in some snow come winter time. But for whatever reason that day I thought they were suckers. As I passed I was thinking how easy it would be to loosen up a hose and drain some fuel and was wondering why they didn't do that assuming they had the capabilities. On the flip side, it would have been really easy for me to do that. I could justify it by saying it was a busy road, there's gas stations every ten feet on 104, but I was in the wrong.
    Don't beat yourself up over it now. You get the point so just learn from your mistake. You took the criticism well though so kudos on that.

Tom
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Chrome won't get you home...

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Remember, Some of us "Harley Guys" have all sorts of other bikes.

Not really fair to judge someone by what they are riding that day.

So, I'm an asshole when I'm on one of my Harleys, and a Douchebag when I'm on one of the Bimmers? What am I when on one of my CT90s? Or my TW?
    Having that closed mind will make you miss a lot in life.

Please notice the smileys..

Me? I stop for Everyone and anyone.
    Saturday nights I volunteer with a local towing company to cover I95 in my area. ONE pothole in the middle lane took out eleven tires. Most of them were low profile.... The things you learn...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links