Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By SickPuppy76
  • 1 Post By oilhed
  • 2 Post By Ebbanflood
  • 2 Post By SickPuppy76

Thread: Americade 2015 (June 1-6)

Americade 2015 (June 1-6)

Americade is a bike rally in Lake George, NY. My wife and I and our biker friends used to camp up there for at least a weekend every year, before my son was born and before I worked for Frito Lay and could take any vacation week I wanted. Does anyone on here go to this? I'm not on vacation that week, I'm on the week after, but I wouldn't mind riding up there on Wednesday that week.
    TWilight likes this.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

I only went twice. Never stayed in Lake George. Went riding in the ADK or VT. Only went to see the venders once. I have no desire to go back. Not my scene.
    TWilight likes this.
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

We used to go every year, I can no longer take that week for vacation. Make sure that you do the demo rides, most manufacturers are there and you can ride all of them. BMW's ride is over an hour and is a spectacular ride. If you want the BMW get there at 6:00 am, but it is worth it. Triumph's ride is also amazing, you pick which model and then go on a very "spirited" ride as they call it. You will not complain that they go too slow. KTM is ok but they keep a short leash for any hooliganism. Victory is also a great ride. Honda is very slow, they actually led the ride on a scooter. Harley Davidson is fantastic, you take the bike and go by yourself on a route of a mixture of 2 lanes and highway. The riding in that area is amazing and it is a great crowd of people. If you need tires or any other accessories, wait until you get there. At Tour Expo the prices are great and they install while you wait, perfect. We went during the week and left before the weekend. I hope that you go, you will enjoy it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I went about 5 years in a row, the last 4 years we camped at Hearthstone Point campground. Biggest thing I enjoyed is walking through town and looking at all the interesting bikes, there are lots of 1-off builds that are wild and cool, crazy paint jobs, V8 Boss Hoss bikes etc. The group I was with never rode as much as I wanted to, they were more interested in hanging out around town. I wanted to ride up into the mountains. The 1st year the guys from OCC came up there, I was riding my bike thru town and noticed in my rear view a huge RV behind me and Vinnie from OCC was driving it. We waited in line that year to get autographs. When the line started it was Senior, Junior and Mikey signing but by the time we got to the front of the line it was only Vinnie and Cody. So I waited in line for 3 hours to get those two signatures on a hat that ended up being too small for me.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD

Bumping this post up to see if anyone wants to ride up to Americade on Wednesday June 3rd for the day.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2005 Buick Rainier AWD

Sponosred Links