spammed by taptalk
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: spammed by taptalk

spammed by taptalk

I do enjoy reading on the forum, but I don't appreciate solicitation emails from taptalk to get their app. Maybe I've never noticed before, but it's there an increased amount of advertising when logging on? I get it that advertising pays and I can navigate past it for the privilege of enjoying TW200 FORUM for free. Getting the email notification caught me at a bad time (sound asleep) ha.
    I guess I'm just concerned that because I joined the forum, I'm going to receive spam from taptalk? Sorry for the rant but I've got a huge personal space and feel like lashing out. Love the forum, hate the spam.
    TWilight likes this.

I was surprised myself by the Tapatalk email this morning. It's the first one I have received, and as long as it doesn't become constant, it won't be a problem.

If it does, it can be added to my spam list, and not show up any longer.

jb
    TWilight likes this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Yep, I just got one too. Does this mean that the forum owners have started sharing my personal email address with commercial concerns? That would not make me happy. But I can't figure out how it could happen otherwise.
    TWilight and scooter-ray like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Yep, I just got one too. Does this mean that the forum owners have started sharing my personal email address with commercial concerns? That would not make me happy. But I can't figure out how it could happen otherwise.
    Do you have, use Tapatalk on your mobile device? Beacuse I do and did not get the dreaded email. So is it Tapatalk trying to get new subscribers?
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

I don't have tapatalk. Yes, they are trying to get new subscribers, and the email is basically forum links. So, it seems impossible they got my email from anywhere else but here.

I have always been slightly uncomfortable with the whole forum thing, I will admit, but that's because I'm pretty much a dinosaur. However, since the forum settings page lets me select who I will accept email from and there is no "outside commercial solicitation" button, it seems to me a bit of a violation of the original understanding.
    Last edited by Borneo; 04-24-2015 at 09:34 AM.
    TWilight and Gerry like this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I think the concern is Mike that if they are selling email addresses, then there is no restriction on that. Nor is there any restriction of a purchaser further selling on your personal email address. Which basically compromises the address you used to register, which foolishly happened to be my main one I've had for years rather than a throw away.
    TWilight likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I don't know what the benefits of Tapatalk are, but I just save the forum log in page to my phone screen and access the forum that way. Hopefully this doesn't become a spam email center or I may have to do as Borneo mentioned and go to a covert email and start over with the whole registration. Who is the person who is in charge of the forum?

I just opened up my email account and there it was. I scrolled down and it says this:

"This email is provided by Tapatalk as a service to the Yamaha TW200 Forum. No email addresses were sold, and your email address remains confidential."

So they must have just given access to our emails under some hidden agreement with Tapatalk.

This is why I keep a couple of junk email accounts, that I use only when some belligerent site "needs" my email address to join.
    Dryden-Tdub and TWilight like this.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links