Close

Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By carmwes
  • 2 Post By old white truck
  • 2 Post By carmwes
  • 2 Post By Peterb

Thread: TW200 In Europe

TW200 In Europe

Hello All. Just returned from "Holiday" in France, and England. Course always checking out what's being ridden in an area, I did see quite a few Yamaha TW200's in Paris. Set up to go anywhere. Perfect for dicing through all the traffic and small back streets. Seems though the Suzuki VanVan 125 is very popular too.
    Did a few double takes when I saw the first one, they resemble our TW. But what I understand these are 6 speed Fuel Injected. (the Suzuki)
    What I noticed was Lane Splitting at it's finest! They grow up with it, encouraged to do it I guess, and traffic really flows. The TW200 was ideal for this. They'd call it reckless driving here in the States.
    While in London I did see a few TW200's too. Course saw Yamaha Tenere XTZ in the 250 and 660 sizes too. Wish we had them here. saw a lot of Honda Africa Twins also. I did see my Honda CRF250L in Paris. Looked right at home. Still thrashing mine when I can.
    Just passing this along to the TW Inmates.
    Randy
    Randy Myers

Suzuki RL250 Trials-Sold-Miss this one....

'07 TW200-Sold

'02 BMW R1150R-sold

'00 KLR 650-sold

'06 Honda Big Ruckus-Sold

"08 Honda Ruckus

"13 CRF250L

Shawnee,OK.

Hey Carmwes!

Good to see you still posting here. How 'bout a long term mini review of your 250?

Did you get any pics of the overseas TWs that you could share?

Thanks, OWT.....I wish I had got some pics of all the bikes. I was standing on the curb with that American Tourist look.....Wild eyed, lost, amazed almost cheering on who ever was in first place. Vespa's dueling with Kymco's, then I'd hear a Thumper. A TW with a pipe. Sounded good! Looked like more fun than maybe strolling through the Louvre? ha.
    700 something pics of everything else.
    On my Honda, still easy going. I know it's heavy, "they" say. Underpowered...... Heck I put all my camping gear on, it's the Grapes of Wrath, Okie poster child. But lighter than the past KLR.
    Retired, and not in a hurry. I did have the OEM battery go south on me last week. Ordered a new Motobatt MBTX7U today. 12v 8ah ACM ($63.00)
    Installed heated grips before winter. Cycle gear cheapies....Still work when I want. Installed a USB and 12V Acc. port for all the toys.
    Oil change easy, Valve check once so far, super easy. camera mount for a GoPro. Looking at maybe the Colorado BDR this summer. Or camping/fly fishing down SE OK. way. Otherwise my bike is stock, and of course underpowered. Still happy.
    Randy Myers

Suzuki RL250 Trials-Sold-Miss this one....

'07 TW200-Sold

'02 BMW R1150R-sold

'00 KLR 650-sold

'06 Honda Big Ruckus-Sold

"08 Honda Ruckus

"13 CRF250L

Shawnee,OK.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

What I noticed was Lane Splitting at it's finest! They grow up with it, encouraged to do it I guess, and traffic really flows. The TW200 was ideal for this. They'd call it reckless driving here in the States.

My buddy went to Italy last year and rented a GS800 for him and his wife to tour on. He was so afraid even girls on Vestpas were passing him.
    carmwes and ejfranz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post

My buddy went to Italy last year and rented a GS800 for him and his wife to tour on. He was so afraid even girls on Vestpas were passing him.

I was in a FORD EXPEDITION I borrowed from a friend and driving through Milan Italy. I was afraid I was going to hit someone with all the drivers in trucks cutting me off on highway at about 55 MPH at actual BUMPER TO BUMPER.

CARWES can we get pictures and another update on your CRF250? I have considered getting one of those bikes for 2 years now?

Sponosred Links