New to TW200s
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: New to TW200s

New to TW200s

Well, I am now a "real" member of the forum. I bought a 2008 TW200 off of Craigslist, and will drive up to Washington to pick it up next Thursday. I am not new to two wheel riding. My first experience was a Schwinn Whizzer motorbike when I was a kid. It was old and hardly ever ran. Then I had a DKW (125cc). Later, I had a BSA (can't remember the model) when I was in the Marine Corps. In my early 20s, I became a police officer and rode a HD for three of my six years. I crashed badly, which ended my police career. After that there were various bikes, but nothing that I thought were anything more than play-with-in-the-garage toys. Then when I was in my early seventies, I got a V-Star 1100 for cruising. At that age, crossing the Cascades was too much for my aging body - freeze at 5000 feet and dehydrate in the high desert.

But, still missing two wheels, I decided on the TW200 last year and finally did it yesterday. I will load it it on the hitch carrier that I ordered from Amazon for my RAM pickup, and may not ever register it for the highway. It has no accessories. It was owned by the guy's wife who lost interest after 700 miles. So, it will be fun outfitting it to take me to some more remote area for fly fishing that I can no long hike to. Next year, I will turn eighty, so I think this is my last motorcycle!
    Last edited by Aspenmeadow; 04-26-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Congratulations on your purchase. Welcome to the forum as well. You will enjoy how easy these bikes are to ride.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Thanks, Tom. I have learned a lot from the forum, so I am looking forward to participating. I am planning on adding some hand guards and a rear rack. I have ordered a new helmet; a Fly Trekker. The additional things may soon exceed what I paid for the bike.

Jerry

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenmeadow View Post
    Thanks, Tom. I have learned a lot from the forum, so I am looking forward to participating. I am planning on adding some hand guards and a rear rack. I have ordered a new helmet; a Fly Trekker. The additional things may soon exceed what I paid for the bike.

Jerry
    The goodies add up that's for sure. Sounds like you are purchasing useful items to expand on the bikes capabilities. Smart man. As you are aware, we are optically stimulated so pictures are always welcomed. Congratulations again!

Tom

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    AspenMeadow (Jerry), you say that you are driving up to Washington next Thursday to pick up this bike.....we have a large contingent of TW riders up here in Washington, and....we "may" know the history of that bike.

At the very least...if you tell me WHERE you are picking the bike up at, I would be most happy to meet you somewhere close....buy you lunch....bend your ear about all things TW, and offer some sound advice of the do's and don'ts of buying accessories.

I'm not quite as old as you, but I have been retired for 14 years, and am available 93.14159 % of the time.

Just send me a PM, (private message) I will meet with you, buy you lunch, explain anything in lief about the TW you may have questions about, and send you on your way back to OR-E-GON with a head filled with TW knowledge.

Mike...Olympia area
    OH COME ON MAN! Are you on a mission to make the rest of us look like poop? You are doing a fine job of it either way.

Tom

Well, I am now a "real" member of the forum. I bought a 2008 TW200 off of Craigslist, and will drive up to Washington to pick it up next Thursday.
    Aspenmeadow, are you aware that if you are caught in Washington with a TW, you are required to be wearing a Hickory shirt....new law....

what the hell is a Hickory Shirt?

Incidentally, I just moved from Langley to Chiloquin, OR. Big change! I was in Langley for 23 years, then I tired of rain, cloudy skies, and being cold. Love it here, and the fishing is great. Have not yet sold my house there, but it is on the market. When it sells, I will sell my business, Northsound Insurance. And, I want your white front fender. My 2008 is black.

jerry
    TWilight, mudbug, dette and 1 others like this.

janie and suspenders 1452.JPG
    what the hell is a Hickory Shirt?

Incidentally, I just moved from Langley to Chiloquin, OR. Big change! I was in Langley for 23 years, then I tired of rain, cloudy skies, and being cold. Love it here, and the fishing is great. Have not yet sold my house there, but it is on the market. When it sells, I will sell my business, Northsound Insurance. And, I want your white front fender. My 2008 is black.

Aspen, this is a hickory shirt short sleeve. They come with long sleeves also. 100 percent cotton, very durable and comfortable.

jerry
    Don't know how I got between your message and your name Jerry. Anyway, it is a shirt that has just caught the eye of many of our riders. Hard to see but they are blue and white striped. Here in the northwest is is like a uniform along with the suspenders. If you notice the pair I have on have TW200 RIDERS printed on them.
    Last edited by plumbstraight; 04-27-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    littletommy, TWilight and dette like this.

Welcome AspenMeadow. We joke about the Hickory logger's shirt which Randall ( plumbstraight) is wearing as the new TW fashion statement. As a matter of fact we joke about darn near everything here until someone honestly seeks help. Then we try to assist as best we can.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    OH COME ON MAN! Are you on a mission to make the rest of us look like poop? You are doing a fine job of it either way.

Tom
    He only does it 93.14159 % of the time .......

Where do those "Randall Handles attach ? - I'm assuming it's somewhere under the seat at each side, front and back ?
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links