TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Sheriff Dept. TW200

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Borneo 
#1 ·
Just came across this picture from a 2001 bike trip (ten years before I even knew what a TW was). I stopped in Leavenworth, Washington to visit relatives and saw this cool looking bike at the Sheriff's Office and snapped a pic. Don't recall seeing any law enforcement TW pics here. -J-

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
They used to come into deer camp every year when I hunted off of HWY 97.

Reactions: TWilight
#7 ·
Yep, They would ride them up in the ORV area off of HWY 97. Our deer camp was a mile up behind the gate. We had about 6-8 TW's and a few BW's,quads in camp. They were pretty nice and just checked to make sure everyones bike had current tags.

#10 · (Edited)
Heres a pair of Federal TW's found in a warehouse at Sequoia's National Forest
The 2001 has 22 miles on it today and the 2003 has 345 actual miles and it had a kick starter installed by the Park Service

20 years worth of dust makes them look rough here but they cleaned up to be spectacular

I should mention these were discovered by one of our newer forum members

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Enduro
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Enduro

The 2003 cleaned up a bit but they took the cool USFS decal off the tank I wish we coulda kept it :)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Pit stop at Lake Shasta whilst bringing the orphans back home :)
Vehicle Motor vehicle Transport Mode of transport Car

#15 ·
Notice the "E" on the license. Government owned vehicle.

View attachment 17135
hmmm we never had those when i was a ranger.... i guess mid-pen has more $$. the hand guards on the '03 won't do much good twisted up so high, you can see the levers hanging down lower.

missed you today tony, hope you are well.

#16 ·
I can just imagine the joy a motorcycle cop would get after patrolling all day long on a big police cruiser pig and them jumping on a TW for some ORV patrolling:D

GaryL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.