What to get
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: What to get

What to get

I will be going shopping for a new toy. TW is a candidate, so are the Ruckass and Zooma. It depends on whether I can drive any of those with legs paralyzed from the knee down.
    I intend to make it able to carry my wheelchair, it would be nice if I can also have it off road capable. I thought about Rokon but after poking about some other forums I have found
    the Rokons weakness. It doesn't turn sharp enough to make a U turn on a narrow trail without some serious back pedaling. With my legs, that is a problem.
    The Zooma is more powerful than a Ruckass but I will have to see where to attach a sidecar. I thought about a Grom but it has no frame to fasten to.
    Damn shame that I can't get a side by side that is street legal.
    Phelonius

I would find on older Polaris trail boss 325 it has a stick shift to put in high -low-reverse and I think the hand brake was for all four wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    I would find on older Polaris trail boss 325 it has a stick shift to put in high -low-reverse and I think the hand brake was for all four wheels.
    Great choice, I have one, not street legal though.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Phelonius what state do you live in? AZ we can ride Quads on the street.

Suzuki Burgman 400 scooters are auto shifting like a snow sled all hand controls and have a large storage under the seat.

Have you checked Keltic or Cozy sidecars? They are a little sidecar which have been mounted on Vespa's, Ruckus, etc. I might have read somewhere that they were used on a Zuma also.
    Last edited by littletommy; 05-02-2015 at 04:28 PM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Because turning radius seems to be your critical determiner, I think you are left with a choice between the two scooters. I took a side by side picture for you of a ROKON Scout (2011) and a TW (2013). The picture is slightly misleading since the TW leans more on the sidestand, and makes it look like it has a tad more turning angle. In truth, when the TW is propped up to the same vertical angle there appears to be no difference. In addition I did an informal test for you, largely because I became very curious, since my feeling from having both was that the Scout turned in a slightly smaller circle than the TW. According to my seriously informal and unscientific test, I could indeed turn the Scout in a slightly smaller circle than the TW. So, since the ROKON does not meet your turning radius requirements, nor will the TW, unless they have changed something like steering stops since 2011, and I don't believe they have. I will say, since the ROKON is 2WD and hooks up aggressively, I could not plant a foot and then throttle spin the rear of the bike, which I can do with the TW...and in that case I could spin the TW in a smaller circle, but that doesn't sound like your intended style.

Attachment 17085Attachment 17086

I owned a Ruckus for a while for use as a pit bike, and it was a neat enough little toy. I have no knowledge regarding the Zooma (they make one, but I don't think you mean't that) I think you mean't the Zuma, and I have never ridden one of those either.

Good luck with your shopping and have fun.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Well, there certainly are TW200's with sidecars capable of transporting a wheel chair.

I don't know how rugged of chair you are thinking of, but what if you could make a combo wheelchair/sidecar where the sidecar detaches and a wheel folds out to make it a wheel chair?

Also, someone on here recently installed an EFM auto clutch on their TW200.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...to-clutch.html

This frees up a hand to convert the shifter to a stick-shift and it's very doable to replace that clutch lever with a rear brake lever
    Borneo and ZDR1 like this.

That's really gonna screw up his turning radius.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    Phelonius what state do you live in? AZ we can ride Quads on the street.
    Awesome! Not so lucky in communist NY.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links