Introducing myself
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Introducing myself

Smile Introducing myself

The TW has been on my "going to own" list for some years. Well thanks to William for buying My R6 and Tom from Craigslist passing through town I am now the pleased owner of a 2004 with a paltry 1500 miles. IMG_0461.jpgIMG_0460.jpg

It has the california can on the side there, well "patinaed" racks front and back, artfully curved levers and mirrors on both sides, and a completely dead battery. Overall I'm pleased as punch.
    It is obvious that this poor little bike has sat neglected and unused out in the weather. As a function over looks kind of guy I'll fix all of the bent parts, check all the bearings and other moving parts, but will likely leave the finish as is. Living in the southern Nevada desert rust is a non issue. The Previous owner claims the he had it jetted for 10,000 feet (thinks it has a 117 main) so that might need checking. With a little push it jumps right to life and purrs like a kitten. Ive ordered the levers and a lithium battery off of amazon.
    Took her out for a shake down run yesterday. 52 miles out into the Parashant (grand canyon) national monument area. Mix of gravel, sand, rocky, and steep roads. And then turned around and road back. Not sure just what kind of range the tank would give me I didn't want to push it. Back in town (Mesquite NV.) The odometer said 85.4 miles and It took 1.13 gallons of gas, 75.5 MPG over rough terrain and 7000 foot change in elevation. WOOT.
    I've ridden these same trails on my 92 BMW GS but this was way more fun. The GS will do it, but it is all work. The TW just made it fun.
    I bought this bike thinking that my kids were getting old enough to go riding with me. Humm.. this just may be dads play bike, sorry kids.

Welcome! Looks like a nice bike, just needs a dust off! Any info you need it's all on the forum you can just search or ask!
    TWilight and mudbug like this.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

rbm
    Hello and welcome! Congrats!
    mudbug likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum Sponge!

Looks like you got a good deal on a nice looking bike.
    mudbug likes this.

Payed $2k for it so I think it was fair. Not a screemin' deal, but fair for the little bit of TLC that it needs. The clincher was the low miles. 1500 nearly nothing. As with anything it is worth just exactly how much you want it.
    The previous owner told me that it was part of a his and hers set. Looks to me like there may have been some swapping between the two. The racks have obviously seen more miles that the rest of the bike. i would guess at least 10ish years older.
    mudbug likes this.

Welcome to our home away from home sponge. Sounds like you did your homework and got exactly what you were looking for. Congratulations. Check back often and let us know which of your bikes odometers are gaining the most miles.

Tom
    mudbug likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Swend? Elmer Fudd- is that you?......Mike you Cwazy Wabbit!
    Last edited by Hikerglenn; 05-03-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    "Right's right -even if nobody's doing it and wrong's wrong -even if everybody's doing it"

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    ...swend them out to be sand blasted,....
    I would bwuy a good front tire and some bwushguards first! BWAHAHAHAH
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Welcome aboard!! Nice bike, neat condition! icon_thumbup.gif
    mudbug likes this.
    Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
    It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Mike, is very particular about his "spelling". He "usually" is a pretty nice guy, so you better not tease him, we haven't seen his "mad" side....
    mudbug and TWilight like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links