Farkel Failures
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Farkel Failures

Farkel Failures

Saabug (Jeremy's) and I were laughing about our Farkels that failed on out last ride. Mine was my mounted pump that got knocked off the front fork while mowing down saplings as I traversed through the woods. My son noticed it was missing and we quickly found it. Upon close inspection I found it was rusted to the point where it is unusable. I'll let Saabug elaborate on his Farkel failures.
    What Farkel failures have you Experienced?
    Last edited by TopPredator; 05-05-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

So far I have not had any farkle failures, but my bike is a little lite in that area. I've got bark busters, homemade rack, heated grips, Shinko knobby on front, brighter bulbs in dash, homemade handlebar risers.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Does blowing out the gel inserts in your shorts count.????? Oh and Im still determined to make the tool tube work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    Saabug (Jeremy's) and I were laughing about our Farkels that failed on out last ride. Mine was my mounted pump that got knocked off the front fork while mowing down saplings as I traversed through the woods. My son noticed it was missing and we quickly found it. Upon close inspection I found it was rusted to the point where it is unusable. I'll let Saabug elaborate on his Farkel failures.
    What Farkel failures have you Experienced?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by saabbug View Post
    Does blowing out the gel inserts in your shorts count.????? Oh and Im still determined to make the tool tube work.
    I think that's considered a Fartkel
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

If you like the looks of different mirrors just remember the right side is reverse thread. Some of the standard bark buster lever protectors take a bit of figuring and bending or grinding to make them fit because the cross bar is in the way. The front cycle rack is pretty much useless because it blocks your headlight when you put stuff on it. The Pro Cycle tool tube was a nice addition except if you put small stuff in it the stuff would go to the bottom and my hand could not fit in to get it out. Open it up and pop a wheelie or stick a length of bendable wire in it so you can fish things back out. The oil coolers work great but here in the frozen north you need to cover over the cooler or your engine will never reach a good operating temp in cold weather. Almost all of the after market and OEM rear racks are mounted such that they have no real weight load capacity. Cycle Rack is the answer if you carry weight. That rubber pad on the back is good for around a gallon of milk.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Hey G, guess what?

*A gallon of milk can weigh between 8.5 and 8.8 pounds depending on the percentage of fat. (whole, 1%, skim, ect.) So we're screwed with a 7lb limit on the back.....sheeeeeee*

Yamaha should be ashamed that their mighty TW can't even haul a gallon of milk without the risk of breaking the bike!!!

*But here's the good news: If you take your TW to Mar's, the gallon of milk weighs only 3lbs. so you can carry 2 of them!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

My Giant Loop Moto wind deflectors for the handguards r great for street use. Not so much when the bike is laying down and i'm dragging the handlebar back to pull the bike out of a spot. Cause one of the deflector's strap snapped off. Luckily the snaps r replaceable or u can just use zip ties.

I need to add to my previous farkle list: Tool Tube, Ricochet Skid Plate, Front Fender Mud Flap.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

The 25 mm ammo can you see in my avatar, made a great top box. Except that the sub frame kept breaking. When I reinforced the sub frame enough, Then the welds on the cycle rack wouldn't hold. Went to a soft bag, and no more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by saabbug View Post
    Umm, that wasn't gel.......pewwwwww

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links