New 2015 Tw200 5-14-15
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: New 2015 Tw200 5-14-15

New 2015 Tw200 5-14-15

Went to the nearest dealer and picked one up, almost. It wouldn't start , dead battery they say. They are going to charge the battery over night. I almost didn't buy it because of a dead battery, but is not a deal breaker. I am hoping it will least last the summer. There are lighter and more reliable batteries out there.
    This will be an interesting ride, I almost went for a scooter because my wife is that slow. No not really, I hope she doesn't read this.
    Me and the misses picked up 2013 TW and a XT250 late last year. We had fun with them for a month or so until it was to cold for her to ride, well maybe me too.
    Anyhow every time the two were in the driveway side by side and I had the choice to ride one. Ill be dam, the phat girl always got the go. I had to have one of my own. I sold the XT and went for the TW. Sweet!
    2013 Tw200 road runner
    2009 Yz136 racer

Welcome to the forum rancer. Always nice to know there is a smile on a person that swings a leg over a TW. Can't be helped. These little beasts of burden are wonderful to poke around on. Enjoy and keep us posted.
    TWilight and littletommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rancero86 View Post
    ....., dead battery they say. They are going to charge the battery over night. ..
    DON'T LET THEM DO THAT!!!!! INSIST ON A NEW BATTERY!!!! That battery is already 98% dead and will last a month if you are lucky. NOTHING is more deadly to a moto battery than to be left dead for a few months. They probably assembled that bike in November and it has sat ever since.
    TWilight, goldenhtr, GaryL and 4 others like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTFS View Post
    DON'T LET THEM DO THAT!!!!! INSIST ON A NEW BATTERY!!!! That battery is already 98% dead and will last a month if you are lucky. NOTHING is more deadly to a moto battery than to be left dead for a few months. They probably assembled that bike in November and it has sat ever since.
    Non-sense ........ he just needs to swap it over for the one in his wife's bike
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

rbm
    Hello and welcome!
    TWilight likes this.

The battery wasn't dead the idiot sales rep had the kill switch to the off position. The bike is now home and I am going through it and making sure it is ready to ride.
    I was looking for the tool pouch, this bike does come with a too kit right?
    Everything was pretty much ready to ride except the air filter is kind of dry. I oiled it up and put everything back together. Now its time to go put mile number 2 on her.
    Kf6rqb and TWilight like this.
    2013 Tw200 road runner
    2009 Yz136 racer

This is not a good sign of a reliable dealershit....I mean ship.

The tool pouch should be under the right side cover.....wouldn't be surprising if they forgot that too. Did they put air in the tires and gas in the tank? You probably ought to see if the battery has the right amount of water in it. Lessee, what else? Chain lubed and adjusted? Axle torque correct? Lights and signals work right? Horn? Idle adjustment?

Do I seem a bit cynical? That's 50 years of experience talking.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

I had to go back to the dealership to get my tool kit. They told me that it really was nothing special and about worthless. After a little bit of "discussion", they had me drive up the road to their other business and pick it up. Seemed like this is common among many dealerships, get your money and that's the end of the "dealer/buyer" relationship. Sad.
    Fred and TWilight like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    ....... They told me that it really was nothing special and about worthless. .....
    True, it ain't much of a tool kit, but I would not call it worthless, and BESIDES, you PAID for it!!!
    scotti158, TWilight and Peterb like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

I would check everything too. I have seen them come out of the dealer with way way too much air in the tires. They should be between 18 and 22 lbs depending on your weight.
    TWilight likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links