Ride it hard! video request
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Ride it hard! video request

Hey I have been lurking for a while whilst saving for a bike. I have been going round in circles with the whole "it needs more power" thing and I keep coming back to the TW200. Now, as a keyboard warrior I am privileged with limited information from the generosity of other posters. I have searched youtube, google and the forum, and have seen most of the videos. With respect, It seems that few of these videos show someone riding it as hard as it can go. I know that it kinda goes against the whole point of the bike, but could someone post a video wringing the crap out of it off road? like full throttle a little bit? Thanks for all the info you have provided so far and for reading this post.
    Last edited by oddJack; 05-19-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: seated to searched

If you've seen all the videos; you're probably not going to see what you want.

The video of one member learning to ride who keeps falling when going up a small hill at speed - and then gets up each time and climbs it easily from that spot in first gear indicates that going slower was the solution. If going fast enough to get through whatever you are trying to get through isn't enough - the TW may not be the right bike for you.
    The minimal suspension is not designed for high speed impacts off-road (you will get thrown around). It's a great trail bike - but you won't see it at "The Big Nasty" hill climb.

In some of the videos you've seen; they probably are full throttle in the selected gear (Admirals off-road uphill "12 o'clock wheelie attempt" "fail" comes to mind - hee hee).

Wish you luck in finding a great bike - be it a TW or something else. -J-
    oddJack, Gerry and mudbug like this.

Hi Jack,

Although he hasn't been on the forum recently, I suggest that you watch some of Skippyboyo2's videos starting with the one below.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...out-video.html

It should also be pointed out that Skippy's bike is only a 125cc TW and he rides the snot out of it on every ride.

Brian
    littletommy and oddJack like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think I have posted a few over fifty videos and "the ride it hard" extended full throttle off road clips are rare. Usually the terrain overwhelms the suspension, or a turn or obsticle requires backing off the trottle and using more fineese than limited roost power.
    But perhaps more importantly shear wide open throttle speed does not make for good video imagry, seems boring and ends up on the editing room floor. I recall an interesting interview from the Fast and Furious series about production values and how speed is neither exciting nor perceptable to the audience, it is the change of speed we notice. Thus the action movies car chases always feature acceleration and turns, lots of change-ups. Ever notice on cheesy TV shows how the bad guy's exotic $100,000 Ferraris never seem to get away from the hero's $30,000 police cruiser? And how that american three speed automatic somehow goes through seven upshifts and whose exhaust progressively gets more NASCAR-like as the chase progresses, wailing along at 9,000 rpm? The reality without the dubbed in excitement would have been unimpressive. Same for TW at full swan song .

Sorry for the Hollywood ramble. Back on point: If the TW had much more power it would benefit from more suspension off-road. As is it has a nice balance for trail biking, not racing. First few years of TW ownership I pushed the bike hard and thus crashed hard. Eventually I learned bike's strength was getting you there and back intact and healthy.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Here's a link to my channel. There's a few moments of some WOT but like stated, that's just not this bikes strong point and frankly, it's not fast enough to make it that fun. This bike is what is. Pure slow awesomeness. But dude, get on one these bikes and go bomb around some trails. You'll be sold.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNL...Eqcr2Y76boYQow

With that being said. I will mount up my camera on my way to work and hold that sucker wiiiiide open a few times and throw them together. Might be able to find a few off road hammer down moments to spice it up a bit.
    oddJack and mudbug like this.

U don't want to go too fast on the TW when the terrain gets slippery unless u buy dirtbike tires that are 100% for offroad use only.

oddJack, ZDR1 and Hidebound like this.

Thanks Fred, that is an interesting fact. TwBrian, Skippyboyo2's video was pretty good. Thanks for the link BRug. thanks for the replies!

Send me a go pro, I'll give you a video that will satisfy your sick needs.
    oddJack likes this.
    -tcepilot Hidden Content
    --- Psalm 23 Verses 4-5 ----

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
    for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed
    my head with oil; My cup overflows. (New American Standard Bible)

I don't recommend it for an off-road bike though. The case can get banged up, low ground clearance, super mushy suspension with little travel. And it's heavy for trails. Not bad but it can wear you out. But if you ride a 600 occasionally in the trails ( like me ) then you will be fine. The TW can and will do whatever hill you point her at though. For a 200 it sure can climb a tree with torque. Top speed is 55. Some say 65 or 70. For me it's 55, otherwise it wants to blow up. Not real fast. But in trails you don't want to go much faster than 35 anyway. If you have never ridden, want to go on and off-road, and are on a budget, go with the TW. Unless you want a certified POS, in which case you would want a Chinese dual sport.
    oddJack likes this.
    -tcepilot Hidden Content
    --- Psalm 23 Verses 4-5 ----

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
    for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed
    my head with oil; My cup overflows. (New American Standard Bible)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links