Close

Like Tree21Likes
  • 12 Post By r80rt
  • 4 Post By Welder
  • 4 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: Memorial Day

Memorial Day

Have a good one, and never forget what it's all about.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

My higher head quarters commander Major Zeugner was a good man: Thomas C. Zeugner - Army - Memorial - EOD Warrior Foundation

Well, The wife and I went for two long day rides in the car searching for yard sales. I wear my US Navy ball cap on Memorial weekend and am not looking for those who recognize my service but it is nice when someone does. I think we must have stopped at 25 different yard and garage sales and not one person ever said a word. I did stop at a roadside hot dog stand and it was $5.00 for two dogs and a soda. The guy asked if I was a vet and when I said yes he said the dogs were on him. Very nice gesture so I dropped my $5 in his tip jar.

I do think the folks today are just too wrapped up in their own lives to recognize the meanings of various national holidays. Christmas is nothing more than a commercial joke and Veterans and Memorial days are lost to many.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I too sometimes wear my cav hat as other cav members recognize it and take the time to have some catching up. The ones that are quiet are the ones that don't realize the value of what servicemen do. Sad. Due to the pacification of our nation to let a few do the dirty work of keeping it free I am afraid it is going to get nasty right here at home.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    I too sometimes wear my cav hat as other cav members recognize it and take the time to have some catching up. The ones that are quiet are the ones that don't realize the value of what servicemen do. Sad. Due to the pacification of our nation to let a few do the dirty work of keeping it free I am afraid it is going to get nasty right here at home.
    Yup, When I wear my USN hat I always run into other vets and we have a quick chat. Marines always call me Swabby, actually I was an Airdale, but my standard retort is "I guess you were a long distance swimmer getting to all the places we gave your pals rides to. It is mostly all good unless I run in to what I call the Wannabe Marine who thinks their stuff smells like roses. Kids today who have no real family connection to the military don't have much of a clue what this all means.

BTW, Thanks for your service PS!

GaryL
    plumbstraight likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links