TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Help finding a bag

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  docjekyll2002 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a small water proof bag, approx. 12 in long, a duffle or rectangle, with D rings on the ends

For tools, spares, etc. to strap to my rear end. Anyone have any ideas?

#8 ·
I have the Firstgear Torrent waterproof backpack version of this. After a year of daily use, the outside material is getting a few small holes.i think if there was cordura on the outside, then the abrasion resistance would be higher. But that would also make the bag heavy. Overall, i still like the backpack for $60 compared to a $300 Kriega.

#3 ·
Like he said they are everywhere. If your watching the budget try "cheaper than dirt".
I have a surplus gas mask bag that's seemingly indestructible and waterproof.
I've found that canvas bags with a water proof liner to be longer lived than pure plastic, or plastic coated
when subjected to real world situations. Leather bags are tougher than canvas but cost more and are heavy.
For liners I like kayaking dry bags when it's critical, heavy duty ziplocks when I'm poor.
You can make yourself crazier with the choices, good luck.

#14 ·
#7 ·
I just got hold of a black, square milk crate...bolted it to the tail, using the three bolt holes that hold that rubber face on. The face had to come off for it to work; and I had to get longer bolts and three fender washers.

Elastic net over the top, and a dry bag inside! If I'm going in somewhere where theft is likely...just grab the dry bag out of the crate. Meantime, for short stops...a helmet fits well inside the crate.

So far, with 1200 TW miles under me...it's worked better than well.

#10 ·
Just,

How much weight do you intend to put in that milk crate? I gallon of milk weighs over 8 pounds.

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door

You might get by for a trip or two on smooth roads overloading it but if you go off road on to some bumpy stuff you risk breaking your sub frame and that's more than the cost of "made for weight rack".

#9 ·
Here is my Oxford X30 tail bag (there is also an X30 tank bag). I got it for $135 shipped off of eBay. Great bag, big expandable main compartment, includes rain bag and strap if you want to be a tourist. Very quick to put it on and take it off. I also happen to think it looks pretty bitchin' on the TW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.