new member. i dont have a tw yet, but want one so bad.
Close

new member. i dont have a tw yet, but want one so bad.

I'm not new to bikes, but it's been a while since I've had one on the road.
    One of my favorite riding memories is from my MSF class at awesomecycles in Houston. I had their only tw, and loved the way it felt like half of a go cart. I had been riding for a few years when I took the class, and knew a couple of instructors through group rides from a local forum. Sliding it around in the parking lot was a lot of fun. The SV650 I was riding at the time was a lot of fun, too, but the TW was something just special. I really want to get my own TW sometime soon. The only thing stopping me is danged ol' adult responsibilities.
    I really like the look of a good hollow mod TW, and it looks like it can be done for fairly cheap, too, which is always a bonus. I have a bad habit of getting a project, dumping too much money into it, and then moving on to the next thing. I just want a cheap TW I can play with and hold on to for a long time.

anyways, I'm at work and nothing's going on, so hey, what's up, how's it going? woo!

Do it. They are one of the few bikes that has appeal for both beginners and experienced riders. I bought one several weeks ago and liked it so much I then ended buying a second one last weekend for the wife. What great fun they are for poking around in the forest. Great for piddling around town too.

some of my old bikes I've built
    82 virago 750 bobber. protip- don't bother trying to make a single carb conversion work on the 750. go for the 920 instead.
    a dr250s dirtbike café racer that just never went anywhere. I got in over my head with that one.
    I'm having a tough time finding any pictures of my other bikes, but the only notable rides were a 2001 sv650 and a 92 vfr750, which I made into a semi naked bike, and it was awesome.

Sponosred Links