What is this?
Close

Thread: What is this?

What is this?

I was looking for ratcheting tie downs, and one of the sellers show their tie down with this bike. They did not say what it was and Goggling Lucky Bike didn't help. I think that it is a bike, but like nothing that I have ever seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Isn't that the new optional 2016 TW250? Just check the option box for the Orange Package and it comes with a six speed, fuel injection and a wave rotor rear disc brake. ...I wish.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenmeadow View Post
    I was looking for ratcheting tie downs, and one of the sellers show their tie down with this bike. They did not say what it was and Goggling Lucky Bike didn't help. I think that it is a bike, but like nothing that I have ever seen.
    I'd say it is a Honda CBR sportbike with a custom stunt cage/sliders with a ton of orange powder coating.

Pretty elaborate strapping arrangement to protect the powder coating, but unless the front of the bike is tied down securely, it sure looks to me that the bike could easily roll backwards at least a foot or so.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

In a video they show a strap in front to hold then bike forward. The back tire strap does not look stable, the top strap can slip back and the whole thing loosens up. Here is a video that shows the top strap starting to move back on the top of the tire:
    https://www.facebook.com/LuckyBikeTe...type=2&theater

Jim
    2005 TW200
    1966 Honda S90
    1979 Harley Low Rider

Days were a Hell of a lot easier, when I would toss my 1974 Kawasaki250 in the back of my 1968 Chevy half ton pick-up, lean it against the side with a pillow between the handlebars and side, and head from Celina to Athens, Ohio, where I would ride the Kaw during the week around Ohio University and on occasion to Meigs County to find some "Gold", before doing the same thing on the weekends and between "Quarters" and Summer Breaks, when I would bring it back home......"Tie Downs?, Straps?, What the Hell are those"?
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Thats just WAY to complicated. I do sorta the same thing with one strap. Go from one side, loop it around the tire, go the other side, ratchet down. Probably cost a 25th as much and takes all of 10 seconds to do.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Sponosred Links