Death of the Mayflower
Close

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Death of the Mayflower

Death of the Mayflower

fpalm.gif Hang the jib (to frown or pout)

Today the Mayflower was "becalmed" (lack of wind to sail). Dead men tell not tales (excuse for leaving no survivors) by it's Admiral, and sent to Davy Jones' Locker (Death)!

The Admiral may be fitted with the hempen halter (noose) soon for such treachery!

Until me Mayflower returns to service, the Admiral must strike the colors (surrender) and accept the situation of maroon (stranded without a TW)!

On the way to work this morning, the Mayflower started to loose power and slow. I thought I was out of gas and switched the petcock to reserve. No change. Every slowing, I spied a irrigation canal entrance. Upon entry I pulled in the clutch, at which time the engine stopped immediately. Uh oh! Once stop a cloud of smoke surrounded me.

It was too dark to see the exact cause. I called Mrs Admiral to come get me. Upon my return, I saw something no Admiral should have to see...

A bleeding TW

Oil was sprayed on both sides of the TW

Even on the side cover.

The county coroner shows up.

Loaded in the meat wagon and headed to the morgue!

Gulp, and the culprit is a missing oil check screw! I swear I torqued it down when I changed the oil a couple weeks ago, but the evidence suggests otherwise!

I even rode it yesterday with no sign of what was to come.

This one's gonna hurt!
    TWilight and mudbug like this.

O no....Is it fried?
    admiral and TWilight like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Certainly puts the ScottOiler to shame

I guess a compression test is on the menu before trying to re-float her ...........
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Certainly puts the ScottOiler to shame

I guess a compression test is on the menu before trying to re-float her ...........
    Ok, even though I'm frustrated (at what I did or didn't do), the ScottOiler mention is funnier than all get out!

My guess is no compression test will be needed! It's a matter of how much damage, not if!

In all, the loss of power to shut down was about :30 seconds, but that's too long. I won't be able to start tear down for a couple days, but my hopes are not very high!
    TWilight likes this.

OUCH!!! And of course Good Luck.
    TWilight and mudbug like this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Bummer bro. That really sucks. I really hate it when anything goes wrong with my bike, it leaves me with less confidence in the bike for those times when I might be way out there somewhere by myself.
    admiral, TWilight and mudbug like this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Well look on the bright side. You now have a reason to install a cam and big bore kit. Remember...You can rebuild her....Better...Stronger....Faster!!

It would just lead to more feet in the air video's and smiling clouds.
    Last edited by littletommy; 06-09-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    TWilight, mudbug and admiral like this.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Bummer bro. That really sucks. I really hate it when anything goes wrong with my bike, it leaves me with less confidence in the bike for those times when I might be way out there somewhere by myself.
    I can't blame the TW. Its me wrenching which I've lost confidence in!

Day or two ago I told the wife cell phones weren't all they're cracked up to be and I don't really need one. Guess this was my frustration of seeing everyone playing on the phone in cars, movie theaters, eating dinner, watching TV in the house, talking to me... This morning I called her from my cell phone. I stand corrected!

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    Well look on the bright side. You now have a reason to install a cam and big bore kit. Remember...You can rebuild her....Better...Stronger....Faster!!
    I'm still in shock. Though I'll admit I've been looking already for the 40,000 posts elime has given part numbers for the Wiseco Piston's.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links