The danger on commenting on threads.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: The danger on commenting on threads.

The danger on commenting on threads.

l would suggest that anyone commenting at least have read the entire thread before posting a comment, observation or analysis. I have more than once ignored this, lets say numerous times done just that and it hurts all the way around, because something comes out of the blue at a responding poster after the initial post where a bit of reflection would cancel that and is not meant in the way it would be taken. Your words are all you have on the web site. Make them useful and positive, and when some people don't know how they turn, well, sometimes I am not as polite as RTFS, but after commenting on other subjects, the wording is also important, as I have obviously ignored. I stand asking to be forgiven for my sharpness and indiscretions. This site is wonderful with great and talented folks like Gerry etc. It also allows idiots like me to participate. Have a happy riding day tomorrow! And the next and the next and the next!!
    TWilight, jbfla, Hidebound and 5 others like this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

He has a good point in general. Too often, both here and on other forums, I'll start a thread. The first half dozen or so responses are good, but the longer it gets, the more likely people will chime in without having read the thread, and you can tell, because if they had at least read your own first post, they wouldn't have said what they said.

Then there are those who will come along and rip you a new one for making a statement or asking a question (not referring to this site, but to other sites)... saying things they would NEVER dare say to your face, even without any expletives. I had this happen to me a few days ago on Google Plus. I had had enough of it and deleted my entire Google Plus account. I almost never posted there anyway, so good riddance.
    '12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
    '96 Suzuki DR650
    '92 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content - Organize your rides online!

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Forums are not a good place for those who are sensitive or of fragile character. Ya need to roll with the terrain and not take much personally.
    TWilight and Hoot Gibson like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Guilty...............been there done that
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Well I would just like to say that the Pirelli MT 21 Rallycross is way better in the sand than the Shinko SR244.

Just sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    Well I would just like to say that the Pirelli MT 21 Rallycross is way better in the sand than the Shinko SR244.

Just sayin....
    You were well named!!!
    Bagger likes this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post

Just sayin....
    Man.... you know that is sacrilege... now what was the OP sayin?

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    Man.... you know that is sacrilege... now what was the OP sayin?
    What sacrilege Troll, he is admitting his deviancy right in front of us. The OP will of course ignore such ignomious intrusions on his format.

Quote Originally Posted by dogonit View Post
    ...... I have more than once ignored this, lets say numerous times done just that and it hurts all the way around.......
    WHAT? You don't read every single post in a thread before posting? You obviously are not wasting enough time on the internet! Lessee, 5 to 7 hours a week, five years, is 1,300 to 1,800 hours! Lord, forgive me for I know not what I do.

And I only have some 1,480 posts.....think of how much time somebody like Fred or Admiral has wasted! Or not.
    TWilight likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

oh ya.... sorry man... I wade in occasionally without thinking...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links