My first TW
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: My first TW

My first TW

Hello,

I'm new here. My name is Johan and i live in the Netherlands. I recently bought a 1999 TW125, mostly as a commuting bike and for some light trail riding. I love the bike already. So far i fitted a japanese TW225 rear fender and Jax Metals Fatbar with grey diamond/waffle Twenty grips. Upcoming upgrades: high front fender, different head light, saving up for exhaust, thinking about a 165cc conversion kit, waiting for a new taillight to arrive. And some light carb tuning to get a little better throttle response.

Hopefully some pics will follow later!

Cheers
    admiral, Hidebound and HKLBRY like this.

Welcome Johan!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Thanx!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

foto 1.JPGfoto 2.JPGfoto 3.JPG

Current state of the TW, waiting for license plate holder and rear light/turn signals

Looks great and welcome!!
    littletommy likes this.

Hi Johan. I made it to the Netherlands once... I was stationed in Germany (Carl Shurtz Kaserne) in Bremerhaven and was sent over to your country to conduct an ordnance identification class for an American army unit station over there. I don't remember the town, or much else as it was about 24 years ago, it was nice though with friendly people, and I enjoyed some very potent beer in the hotel bar.

When my army unit shut down there in Bremerhaven our colleagues the Dutch Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit came over for the party. They brought the biggest darn cheese wheel I ever saw, it looked like a white car tire - it was good too. Since then I always figure the Dutch must really like cheese! One of the guys tried our cheap American beer from the PX. He drank the whole can in one swig, looked a bit confused, and commented "it tastes like water".

I hope to go back one day as a civilian tourist.

Anyhow welcome to the forum!
    plumbstraight likes this.

Hello Welder, thanks for the cool story. Ye i guess we do like cheese a lot. Thats why the germans call us cheese heads (keeskopf) i guess. I must say the american IPA beers are getting more popular here lately. Im more into german weizenbier or mexican beer when its hot outside . And some nice belgian or dutch dark beer in winter

I only ever tried Budweiser when i was in California long ago, cant remember how it tasted actually, wasnt 21 yet so was difficult to go out and try some local beers.

foto.JPG

License plate holder arrived and so did a very cheap chinese led taillight. Hope i can make this stuff fit without too much work.

tw.JPG

Made a mount for the taillight and license plate holder to fit on the TW. I removed the subframe because of the TW225 rear fender. Everything fits now. Have to paint the mount black later.
    The chinese taillight obviously sucks. It looks nice but only half of the lights work.

The turn signals came from a GasGas450 Enduro

I've been riding with the fatbar setup now for a while and it handles a lot better then with the stock bars. They are a little wider and because of the adapters also a bit higher. Feels like i have more control and makes last moment cornering easier.

I am very surprised how well the stock tires perform on the street, even with rainy weather.
    Last edited by Chaozz; 07-03-2015 at 06:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links