Hello all!!!!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hello all!!!!

Hello all!!!!

Been lurking And gathering info for awhile!!. Figure it's high time I post and introduce myself.
    First I have to say everyone on this forum is awesome!! The knowledge, experience, willingness to help and generosity are amazing!!

Got my first bike, a TW of course! a few months ago!! Having a blast!! Saw one around town years ago and loved the fat tires. Wanted something small with a low seat, easy to ride, that wouldn't wheelie out from under me, with the thought that I wanted to mostly run dirt roads and stuff, but be able to ride on the street too. No plans to commute or anything, maybe a few errands around town, but it's mostly just for fun!

Got my permit, rode around a bit, then took the MSF class and got my M endorsement. Been riding it once or twice a week in the mornings, around my hometown of Tucson, az. Would like to find a riding partner for local rides/ trails. Reddington rd, back side of mt Lemmon, sonoita hwy......... .???

Found a stock '07, with 800ish miles (I've put on another 450). So far changed the oil, spark plug, new x-ring chain, and checked valves. Have a list of things I want to do. Rack, Handguards, bar risers, oil cooler...... and yes a new front tire, so don't start with that!! Haha.

Anyway, Hello to all!!!
    If it works, here's a Pic before I picked her up......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HKLBRY, littletommy, Fred and 2 others like this.

Welcome! Is your screen name a Jeep Cherokee reference? The TW is basically a two wheeled Jeep. Have fun!
    -Travis
    1989 TW200 project. 1991 TW(SOLD)
    2018 Beta 300RR, 2017 FZ-07, 86 BW80 (and more)
    Jeep Wrangler- moto recovery vehicle

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum!

If anyone needs an oil cooler, it would be you. You've been having quite a hot spell lately, haven't you?

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the cruise

Any questions, just ask (and we'll fight amongst ourselves) ...............

66roadkill66 likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

rbm
    Hello and welcome!

^^^What everyone else said! ^^^
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Thanks for the Welcome!

Yep! I have a 91 jeep cherokee xj.... In Az.....
    That's part of the attraction to the TW... "Jeep like"

And yes it's been HOT here lately! And will be for months!
    originally I thought, if it's too hot for the bike, it will be too hot for me to want to ride. But I have found that I am having too much fun to want to quit even though it's getting pretty hot out. If I am moving at 40 or so it seems ok, but slow dirt riding it heats up quick and some extra cooling seems like a good idea. I have read through a lot of the oil cooler threads, including the original lizardbreath thread. Was sorry to hear of his passing. Seems he made a big impression on the forum/ people. I am waiting patiently for more info on cost and availability when the coolers go back in to production.
    littletommy and grewen like this.

The coolers are available now I believe.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome. TW can be fun on a summer's eve to just put around with the breeze flowing past after the opressive heat of the day.
    plumbstraight likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Pan
    An AZ Howdy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links