My Teebah Dubbah
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: My Teebah Dubbah

My Teebah Dubbah

Yes, it is yoo-glie! As are most of my bikes.
    87tw1.jpg87tw.jpg

Here's some proof of that "other bikes" comment:
    xl70_125.jpg

Anyway, I gave $450 for this gem. Too much, and I really think it's only worth $300, but the seller wouldn't go any lower (originally asking $600) and the only other one in my area that I could afford had been sold. That one was a nice condition, fully rideable '89 for $1300 obo.

So anyway, this is an '87 with 6K+ miles, clogged carb, PO had been starting it on ether for everyone who looked at it. I hope he didn't break a ring or worse.
    I've ordered a Chinese VM26 clone carb, and plan to flush the varnish out of the tank and lines, add a fuel filter, and see how it runs. Hope it doesn't cost more than I could have bought a decent one for, just to make it rideable.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
    Yes, it is yoo-glie! As are most of my bikes.
    87tw1.jpg87tw.jpg

Here's some proof of that "other bikes" comment:
    xl70_125.jpg

Anyway, I gave $450 for this gem. Too much, and I really think it's only worth $300, but the seller wouldn't go any lower (originally asking $600) and the only other one in my area that I could afford had been sold. That one was a nice condition, fully rideable '89 for $1300 obo.

So anyway, this is an '87 with 6K+ miles, clogged carb, PO had been starting it on ether for everyone who looked at it. I hope he didn't break a ring or worse.
    I've ordered a Chinese VM26 clone carb, and plan to flush the varnish out of the tank and lines, add a fuel filter, and see how it runs. Hope it doesn't cost more than I could have bought a decent one for, just to make it rideable.
    I will have to respectfully disagree with your valuation of the TW. Looking strictly from a Parts Bike perspective, there is at least as much value there as you paid. You could easily sell the Kick Starter, Carb Body, Wheels and if the frame has a clean title it too has some good value. On the other hand, bringing that TW back to good solid road worthiness will be an expensive project. Many here try hard to think outside of the box but I think inside the box and those parts in boxes for shipping equal money.

GaryL
    littletommy, GTG and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Okay....YOU win....those are the UGLIEST bikes I have ever seen...and I have seen some ugly bikes in my days.

No contest....you da winner !

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, your front tire is flat
    Yep, and that was the CL ad!
    I pumped that tire up once I got it home, though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I will have to respectfully disagree with your valuation of the TW. Looking strictly from a Parts Bike perspective, there is at least as much value there as you paid. You could easily sell the Kick Starter, Carb Body, Wheels and if the frame has a clean title it too has some good value. On the other hand, bringing that TW back to good solid road worthiness will be an expensive project. Many here try hard to think outside of the box but I think inside the box and those parts in boxes for shipping equal money.

GaryL
    Yeah, I've considered that possibility, and I might have to do it. All depends on the running condition of the engine once I have the fuel system cleaned. If it runs without issue, it will be a rider.

I built the little Honda from a bare frame, a free parts bike (different model and year), another $75 parts bike (yet another year and model) and some parts from ebay. It's a great little rider that gets 80+ mpg in combined on- and off-road riding.
    GTG, jeffrolives and jtomelliott49 like this.

Hey, don't make fun of that 'lil Honda! Looks rather functional with two rear sprockets, vise grips on frame and a custom seat cover you don't see everyday. I'ld certainly ride it, maybe not in public though.
    The TW can come back to life, all the pieces are there and the Honda proves Wecsoc has the ingenuity to make it happen. I'm optimistic even if it needs a bucket of TLC.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Fred!
    Actually the TW lives now, sorta. I pulled the tank and carb. Tank is not too rusty but has sludge in the bottom. I bought two oem petcock assemblies on ebay for $13 shipped from New York, and I plan to flush the tank with Coca-Cola (I've heard that works well).
    Pulled the bowl, main jet, pilot jet off the carb, sprayed with B12 cleaner, poked a bread twistie wire through the jets. Put it back together and reinstalled. Hooked up a weedeater tank to test it. Started on the first kick, and seems to run fine.
    littletommy and GTG like this.

So far, so good....
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

That TW is a steal at $450. At least in the northeast. Sand and paint the plastics and tank, clean up the carb good, eBay $30 seat cover and you'll have a great looking bike
    littletommy likes this.
    -Travis
    1989 TW200 project. 1991 TW(SOLD)
    2018 Beta 300RR, 2017 FZ-07, 86 BW80 (and more)
    Jeep Wrangler- moto recovery vehicle

that lil tdub is a real hodge podge of parts isn't it? seat from an '06, black plastics from ? the motor doesn't look like it's from an '87... they were painted all black. the swing arm was silver for an '87....
    ???

hope it cleans up nicely for you.
    littletommy likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    that lil tdub is a real hodge podge of parts isn't it? seat from an '06, black plastics from ? the motor doesn't look like it's from an '87... they were painted all black. the swing arm was silver for an '87....
    ???

hope it cleans up nicely for you.
    I guess I need to check the sn of the engine to see if it matches. Given that it has lived its life as an Appalachian mountain bike, who knows?
    The bike was originally blue and white, but it was stolen from the PO and then recovered after a few months with this black and silver paint on it. Looks like it was painted with a brush.

BTW, I rode it today! Front tire was going flat within 5 minutes and I had the weedeater tank tied to the top clamp, but I rode it a quarter mile down the dirt road I live on. Coming back the tire was flat, so I just stayed on the throttle and kept my weight back. Lots easier to do that on this bike than on my Sportster!

Also, my $25 VM26 clone arrived today. For now I'm still running the stock carb, but once I get the tank sorted out I plan to swap in the new one.
    Last edited by WECSOG; 06-22-2015 at 09:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links