Am I the only one?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

so i bought a tw about three weeks ago, and although i've only put about 700 miles on it so far, i've already managed to break a few bits and discovered this site while looking for cheap replacement parts [the stealership wanted $106 for ONE turn signal!].

while looking through a few threads, i noticed a common theme. it would seem that many of you find the seat to be quite uncomfortable, which i thought strange as i find the tw to be quite luxurious. this thing is like a la-z-boy compared to my other bike: you sit straight upright, and the seat is so plush and forgiving. but i guess i'm the only one who thinks so. oh well.

but for serious: if you think the tw's seat is uncomfortable, i wouldn't recommend even sitting on a buell, let alone riding one.

You're not the only one who finds it comfortable. This is one of the best-fitting bikes I've been on.

Better position on the pegs, too. I wish I'd bought this bike in 1987; or in 2008 when I got back in.

I haven't dropped this one, yet. But, compared to my Honda...it's half the weight. I don't expect getting it up would be a big deal.

rbm
    Hello and welcome! Look around in the classifieds, there's probably someone selling some turn signals somewhere.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I had a Buell................yes its uncomfortable, to the point I only kept it for 4 months

Having owned a Buell, I can say the TW seat sucks. The bike isnt uncomfortable...........just the seat.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetasaur View Post
    so i bought a tw about three weeks ago, and although i've only put about 700 miles on it so far, i've already managed to break a few bits and discovered this site while looking for cheap replacement parts [the stealership wanted $106 for ONE turn signal!].

while looking through a few threads, i noticed a common theme. it would seem that many of you find the seat to be quite uncomfortable, which i thought strange as i find the tw to be quite luxurious. this thing is like a la-z-boy compared to my other bike: you sit straight upright, and the seat is so plush and forgiving. but i guess i'm the only one who thinks so. oh well.

but for serious: if you think the tw's seat is uncomfortable, i wouldn't recommend even sitting on a buell, let alone riding one.
    While Montezuma {Nick} and I were tossing down a few last night..and preparing for our upcoming Great Lake 1700 mile tour, he was bitching about the seat and thinking mods for it. Meanwhile, like you, I have no problem with it and find it pretty comfortable. Different Seats for Different "Seats" I suppose....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

A seat either fits, or it don't...........personally I find it comfortable for my fat butt, but if I start taking longer road trips, I might find it difficult without the padding others have purchased.
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

It is very comfy. I put a Corbin on the WR and the TW is still a more comfortable.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

I have a sheepskin on mine, and I can ride all day, no problems. It's a much better seat than any other bike I've owned, but I did have a DR650, with the worst seat ever designed, so maybe I've just toughened up a bit.
    -Joe

2009 TW200

Mine is comfortable until my butt starts to hurt.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

I couldn't make it 10 minutes with the stock seat. I did put the ATV pad on and it is better but only a little. I can make it a little longer but it still gets me. Could be the DVT in my legs though.
    grewen likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links