Looking For Some New Goggles
Close

Question Looking For Some New Goggles

What do yous guys, and or ladies, use? I wear a full face and I'm a sweat hog. I can fog up free, dry air. Yes I've tried every anti fog coating out there but for me nothing works perfectly except anti fog on a double pane lens.

I have a pair of Bolle X500 that are double pane. Used them both on the bike and for skiing. They are about 12 years old now and I get more crap in my eyes from the deteriorated foam around the face than I would if I went bare eyed at the back of the pack on a dusty gravel road. They don't make the X500 any more. instead it's the X1000. Must be twice the goggle the old ones were, but can't find them locally (USA).

I have found these that are double pane. 100% Goggles - Racecraft, Accuri, Strata, Barstow, Youth, Accessories | Ride 100%

What say ye?

Maybe try increasing the air flow to the goggles/inside helmets. I always amazed in the advancements
    made in flowing air inside helmets. Solves lots of problems. Maybe there is some sort of scoop or fan
    system for forced flow? My latest helmet you can feel the breeze hitting the visor. Pinlocks work too
    if you went to a goggle-less system. But might be hotter yet. Nothing that money can't fix.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Oakley Military & Government Sales

I had a pair of pair of oakley goggles while deployed and i thought they were pretty excellent. Looks to be pretty pricey though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I don't think those are double pane, are they?

man, i don't know. it doesn't say, but it does say the lens is made from some anti-fog kryptonite nonsense or something. seems they found some future man space technology to prevent fogging? you don't have to take my word for it, but i used them for a while and never had ny problems with them.

I can't give you any specific model reference, but I've always had good luck with Smith products. I have Smith glasses that are wonderful. Never had a Smith product that didn't work out (knock on wood). You might check out their website and then do price searches on Google if you see something you like...

Please post up what you buy. I have the same issues you do. Servere "hot head" in a helmet. Planning on going to the heavily vented fullface helmet soon with goggles. My current SNEL M2010 rated modular always fogs on me. I have to keep it cracked alittle, a lot or all the way up. When it's up the helmet whistles like banshee scrapping her fingernails on a chaulk board! At least that is how I feel after listening to the whistle for any length of time. Takes all the enjoyment out of riding.
    Last edited by Little Brute; 07-02-2015 at 03:06 PM.
    TW200 "Little Brute" is gone - Waiting to see what 2016 brings (WR250R/CRF250 RALLY/KTM390/Africa Twin or E-bicycle?)

Sponosred Links