Misery Wants Company
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Misery Wants Company

Misery Wants Company

What is worse then a hip replacement? Sue and I lost our house a few years ago to fire. this got me thinking just how bad this circumstance was! We compiled a list of tragic circumstances worse then our own. Surprisingly the list was quite long. By the time we finished the list we were glad that it was only a house fire were we lost everything. It made us feel better. What is worse then total hip replacement? Dirts a Flyen SanDue

Quote Originally Posted by SanDue View Post
    What is worse then a hip replacement? Sue and I lost our house a few years ago to fire. this got me thinking just how bad this circumstance was! We compiled a list of tragic circumstances worse then our own. Surprisingly the list was quite long. By the time we finished the list we were glad that it was only a house fire were we lost everything. It made us feel better. What is worse then total hip replacement? Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Not being able to get one when you need it?

VintageGW's
    4 GL1000 Some of these are for sale....
    1 GL1800
    Gone to a good home - '04 TW200 - Mulita!

Hi Dan, many things are worse than hip replacement. I don't care to list them because it can be so depressing. Your hip replacement is just a curveball of life and I'm confident with Sue's help you will hit it out of the park! When is it happening?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

There's a guy at work that had both of his replaced at the same time. Doc made him wait, "until you can't take the pain anymore". Dude made it 2 years before finally breaking down and saying, "Fix the damned things or shoot me!". So... you could be in severe pain for several years. Good news is as soon as the surgery healed, he says he feels fantastic. 100% better. He walks all over the place ever since.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Joemama View Post
    Hi Dan, many things are worse than hip replacement. I don't care to list them because it can be so depressing. Your hip replacement is just a curveball of life and I'm confident with Sue's help you will hit it out of the park! When is it happening?
    From where you are coming from a hip replacement is a walk in the park. Thanks. Dirts a Flyen SanDue

Nice posts, makes me count my blessings and feel sheepish when whining about minor complaints. I feel lucky and blessed at times.
    I imagine the pain endured and the apprehension leading up to a major surgery can often be worse the the post-op recovery. None of it is fun but restoring mobility is something positive to look forward too. With the support of Super Sue I am confident Dan will get that dirt flying again soon. Best wishes!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

"What is worse that a total hip replacement?"...This and last night's solo ride discussions got me thinking of a few watershed near death experiences. One entailed having to repeatedly dive back into a imminent injury or death situation in order to save another's life. To have not taken action and watch another die would have been worse, a scar of shame that would last a lifetime.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

As I think you're starting to find out, there are far worse things that could have happened to you, many of them “unfixable” …….

What you have to consider now, is your partner – Sue

Be strong my friend – firstly for her – secondly for yourself – and last, for all of us who care about you ……………..
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

That you folks gave me a few likes is perhaps un-deserved for the near death situation was entirely my fault. I was attempting to woo the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, a Swedish blond teen in the tiniest bikini imaginable I stumbled upon on the beach after 3 weeks camping in the bush. My horniness almost got us killed and provided a wake-up to feminine qualities beyond sex appeal. We naturally fell in love, got together back in the states and toured the western US until her visa expired never to see her again as she found another beu back home. Life goes on, I continued my "Girls-of-the-World" shenanigans until meeting my precious Brazilian bride. So I really did nothing heroic.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Nope – I “liked” that post because you did what you believed in – don’t matter to me who started it, it’s how one man finishes it that counts ………….

“To have not taken action and watch another die would have been worse, a scar of shame that would last a lifetime”.

That’s what I “liked” about that post …………….
    littletommy, SanDue and badcat like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links