BOOTS?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOOTS?

I'm wondering if there is anything out there that will give me a little more ankle protection but still allow me to hike after the ride in.

I use my TW to get to Hiking areas. Occassionaly that takes me on some pretty rocky roads. I wear a hiking boot that is a little over the ankle. What I think would be ideal is some kind of removable support that goes from the ankle up that I could wear for the ride in then remove for the hike

Does anybody have any experience with such a product?

Thanks

What about an ankle brace that basketball players use? I know that aircast makes some stuff that is pretty rigid.

I wear one pair of Alt-Berg boots for riding motorcycles, hiking and working. They are expensive but quality is quality and I have been wearing the same pair for 10 years now.

I don't know if they are avaible in the States though.

See here http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/police_FFOrigP.jsp

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The flexibility comfortable hiking requires is not compatable with the foot and ankle protection a dirt bike boot requires. I compromise and wear a work boot with safety toes and soccer shin guards. Other people I know just carry their hiking shoes with them and change when they get off the bike.

To protect your ankles you need ce protection on both sides of the boots, hiking, work or other non moto boots will not cut it. Just get a good moto boot and carry lightweight hiking boots with you. I've seen pictures of ankles after draging on asphalt, it will make you want to throw up. Good boots will just about prevent it. Just remember what my MSF instructor said, "it's not if you will crash, only when". I like Oxtar Infinity boots, tall but super comfortable, after a ride I forget I have them on. If it's a short ride 1 or 2 days I don't even take street shoes, that's how comfortable they are.

If you don't want to spring for MX boots but still want some ankle protection.Take a look at the Magnum brand of Police boots. I wear a pair for their all day comfort as I'm on my feet alot and work around heavy and hot bus parts. The soles are also a very good A/T design and have worked well for me tramping around in the dirt and rocks of North Georgia.

I bought a pair of new Sidi Discovery boots (atv)from someone on ebay that ordered the wrong size. They are great, lots of protection, good for hiking as well. If you look you can find deals on them $175 or so. Might be expensive, but I ride off road usually by myself and have no problem spending a little more on riding/safety gear. No complaints on the boots after 3 years.

Josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bikerjosh View Post
    I bought a pair of new Sidi Discovery boots (atv)from someone on ebay that ordered the wrong size. They are great, lots of protection, good for hiking as well. If you look you can find deals on them $175 or so. Might be expensive, but I ride off road usually by myself and have no problem spending a little more on riding/safety gear. No complaints on the boots after 3 years.

Josh

Both Sidi and Vendramini make a good dual sport boot you can walk in but they are not cheap, retail is $200 plus. I'm sure there are others as well.

Mike
    The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

I've been happy with my Thor 50/50 boots. paid about $100 for 'em with free shipping.
    Hidden Content : KLR pegs, 47t sprocket, cyclerack, Bridgestone 203/204, D.I.D. o-ring chain, Jimbo shield

Hidden Content : gone to a new home. it was my first...had it for 14 years. miss it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by n8bone View Post
    I've been happy with my Thor 50/50 boots. paid about $100 for 'em with free shipping.
    Those look like they've got decent protection for casual off road riding. I see kneedraggers has them for $87 & free ship

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links