10 Biggest Dangers to Motorcyclists on the Road
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 10 Biggest Dangers to Motorcyclists on the Road

10 Biggest Dangers to Motorcyclists on the Road

scotti158 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Would a moderator please fix this for me? It should say the same thing in the title as in the body of the post. Thank you.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I was expecting 10 pictures of f**ktards in minivans.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by twilight View Post
    (snip)
    secondly, and on a much more serious note, one of the items that "should" have been in the top 10...is "lack of rider experience or education"

this far too often overlooked. It is so easy to blame the other drivers, or the road conditions, or everything else in life. And in a lot of cases....it is the fault of the other driver, or the road condition, etc. But there is no substitute for experience and education. There is a reason why i am still alive, and continue to ride, with all my years and miles of riding. I have run across every gamut of bad drivers out there, but experience and having a fully functioning brain certainly helps avoid a lot of the items listed in that top 10 list.
    ^^^this^^^
    TWilight likes this.
    '01 TW200, '03 Z1000, '09 KLR 650, '13 CRF250L

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    LT, a couple comments here. First, the funny one.........in Item # 9....I wonder if the drive-up window at that Burger King is open for business ? (ha ha ha ha ha)

Secondly, and on a much more serious note, one of the items that "should" have been in the Top 10...is "Lack of Rider Experience or Education"

This far too often overlooked. It is so easy to blame the other drivers, or the road conditions, or everything else in life. And in a lot of cases....it is the fault of the other driver, or the road condition, etc. But there is NO substitute for EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION. There is a reason why I am still alive, and continue to ride, with all my years and miles of riding. I have run across every gamut of bad drivers out there, but Experience and having a fully functioning Brain certainly helps avoid a lot of the items listed in that Top 10 list.
    Totally agree Mike, of course I didn't write the article, so can't be held accountable for missing content..
    I like bringing to mind and posting anything I think might help riders out there. So if a post like this, prevents even one rider from getting hurt, it was worth my effort to post it. With 50+ years of riding myself, I learned a long time ago that my head has to be totally in the game to stay alive. Riding doesn't seem like it was years ago, there are so many dangers out there, especially with the distracted drivers with the cell phones, etc. Thanks for posting that Mike!!

On a serious note, #2 is my most often cause for concern, most of the other things are manageable with foresight.
    littletommy likes this.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
    On a serious note, #2 is my most often cause for concern, most of the other things are manageable with foresight.
    That is the one that most concerns me too. You just can never tell what someone might do.

Jon62602 and Hidebound like this.

They didn't mention the most dangerous one of all. The rider himself.
    littletommy, Peterb and Hidebound like this.
    Phelonius

Yep I agree with all the above comments. There will always be vehicles that run lights, change lanes without signaling, follow to close, etc etc. Its my responsibility to avoid the bad drivers in vehicles and on motorcycles. It amazes me how some people ride motorcycles and stay alive.
    Ride safe guys.
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links