Dirty Picture
Close

Thread: Dirty Picture

Went riding yesterday at the Correl Canyon OHV park. For you SoCal locals or travelers heading to California looking for some off road riding areas this trail is a lot of fun. It was all mud and water crossings due to the recent rains we have had out here in the past few weeks. The TW gave me a combination of thrills and near spills. One thing I love about these bikes is the low center of gravity because there's no doubt if I were on a taller bike I would have laid it down at least twice in this slick muck. The TW got me back in one piece .....

1990 TW200

Upgrades: 2.7G. Clarke Tank, Pro Taper SE ATV High, MSR YZ80 Shift Lever, Shinko 244 4.60-18 (Front).

Now that's a well-loved TW.

Mine was from last fall, but it resembles yours.

Not a rocket scientist so I can't say for sure on the low center of gravity part keeping me upright as the TW squirreled around on the snow, but being low enough to keep my feet on the ground kept me from falling most of the day. I did biff it once as the front wheel said "to heck with this mud puddle" and let me and the TW "rest" for a moment. No harm done. Front tire doesn't know it yet, but I'm "firing it" and gonna get a new one!

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Tdub gets like that in the Ozarks. There's this one rocky 2-track on the way back to the motel that crosses back and forth across the same creek about 13 times, so I hit that on the way in to clean it all off.

I just bought a 1995 TW. Never road one before this. Immediatley got on some ice and snow . Lost it(bad) twice but didn't go down. This was a pleasant surprise to me. I would have thought the oposite.

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I just bought a 1995 TW. Never road one before this. Immediatley got on some ice and snow . Lost it(bad) twice but didn't go down. This was a pleasant surprise to me. I would have thought the oposite.

There is a reason the world's best observed trials bikes have about the same suspension travel as a TW. You just figured out why.

Sponosred Links