'89 tw
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: '89 tw

'89 tw

How much would you be willing to pay for a '89 TW200 with 6000 mi in good (not excellent) condition?

To a large extent it all depends on the condition of the component parts.

Chain and sprockets – tire age and condition – bearings (steering head, wheels, swinging arm) – battery – electrics …… it can all add up pretty quickly.

That just leaves the engine (which can be a tale in itself) …….

Bearing the above in mind – what do you think it’s worth ?
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Up to $1,200 perhaps. Remember, it will most likely need new tires at least. Anything else you can find, perhaps he will knock off the price? Ask him to discount it.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It might be worth about $500 to me.
    WS23 likes this.

I have not driven over to see it but I have talked to the seller. I could probably get him down to $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sensor419 View Post
    I have not driven over to see it but I have talked to the seller. I could probably get him down to $1000.
    If he is willing over the phone to take the $1000, then go look at it, nit pick it to death, look at tires, chains and sprockets, etc, Then mention it will cost over $200-$250 for the tires, another $75 for a chain and sprockets, O yeah, it will need new tubes too, X amount more you say....labor....bla bla, Maybe he will take $700-$800 then??? Worth a try if indeed you see promise in the bike...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Brian, you never pay very much for anything TW related! I don't want to use the Tightwad word, but you are known out west for spending the least and getting the best deals.

(However your generosity with TW parts far exceeds the great deals you always seem to get. Thanks man.)
    admiral likes this.
    Big D
    The Parts Bike Rider (PBR)

I paid $1,100 for my wifes 1989 tw200 with 3,500 miles on it
    We put about $800 into it
    Its actually faster then my 2013 tdub
    littletommy likes this.
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

I remember a line well from a guy I was buying a Yamaha scooter from. He just looked at me and grinned and said, "I'll take more for it, but not less." Since it was reasonable, I paid up and didn't whine.

Rebuilt a rolled over Toyota pickup some years ago. With my son on the way i needed to sell it.
    Guy came over and tried to nitpick me down for a while. Then it started to kind of bug me that he thinks my work is all crap. Finally told him that this truck wasn't for him. "what" he says. I tell him that he wouldn't be happy with this truck so we are done. Not for sale... to him. He want to keep talking but I'm done. So we go are separate ways. Later that evening his wife calls and apologizes for her husband and offers my asking price. Had to tell her sorry it was sold. Right after the dip left, an older (70-80) year old guy bought it. Needed a truck because he spent his days mowing the lawns of widows in the St. George area. I knew him by reputation so I knocked a few hundred off. I used to see him driving it around with his mower for years after that. Made me feel good.
    Moral, don't be a jerk about price. Offer what you think it is worth, if you can't agree, smile, shake hands and walk away.
    littletommy, GaryL and Dell like this.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links