Can't find replacement part after crash(x2), odd part?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Can't find replacement part after crash(x2), odd part?

Can't find replacement part after crash(x2), odd part?

If anyone remembers me and my last post (I'm the guy who forgot about the kickstand and downed the bike at a gas station...yea that guy) then it shouldn't be a surprise I'm asking for help once again.

The other day I took the teedub shooting with me. I had to ride through some pretty rough and muddy trails to get to my shooting spot in the woods. On the way there, i slid on some muddy water and downed the bike. Had my ar15 on my back so everything got covered in soupy mud. The bike, the gun, even my underwear. But nothing was broken so I kept going. On the way back from shooting, I hit another deep mud hole and lost control. The bike wheelied, slung me off, and took a nosedive into some hard rocks and dirt and then tumbled back onto me. (Oops) Bike seemed ok except for the headlight harness area and the dashboard. Got it back home and took off the headlight. The metal bracket holding everything in place was awkwardly bent so I beat it back with a hammer, fixed that. But the plastic dashboard holding the speedo and control lights was cracked/broken to where the speedo loosely bounces around.

I searched the internet EVERYWHERE and cannot seem to find just that single piece of plastic dashboard, i only can find full complete sets of teedub dashboards which I don't need. Does anyone know of anything or have had this same problem?

I might have this part in my parts box... can you post a photo of it so I can be sure? If so, I'm sure I could be convinced to part with it for little or nothing.

Reason is, I built my own dash out of aluminum and replaced the stock speedo with a Trailtech Vapor, so I didn't need the stock one anymore.
    '12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
    '96 Suzuki DR650
    '92 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content - Organize your rides online!

Good on ya bro...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like you've had a couple of rough days days with your TW .

Is it item # 6 that you need?

2006 TW200 - TW200V Yamaha Motorcycle METER Diagram and Parts

If Rob can't fix you up, I might be able to find one.
    littletommy, pdaddy and admiral like this.

I don't get it and these posts keep coming up, "I searched the internet EVERYWHERE and cannot seem to find just that single piece of plastic dashboard, i only can find full complete sets of teedub dashboards which I don't need. Does anyone know of anything or have had this same problem?".

Every Yamaha dealer and almost all of the aftermarket parts sellers have diagrams and schematics that list all of these parts just like TW Brian posted above. Any of us can find this part in 50 + different places and it is not at all hard. Just go to a place like Partzilla or Stadium Yamaha and put their page in your favorites. Once you find the part number from the schematic you can then search the internet for the best price for that part by the number. Keep in mind that many of these parts are identical from year to year for our TWs. If you can't find it for your year then look for it from other earlier or later years and cross reference the number to see if they match. There really is nothing hard about finding these parts and saying you have searched the internet "Everywhere" with no luck is just not right. You simply need the schematics which are available just about "Everywhere" !

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Not everyone has the same experience or computer skills. I don't mind reading repeat questions. Thanks for taking the time to help Pdaddy find what he may need.
    Purple, TW-Brian, pdaddy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pdaddy View Post
    everything got covered in soupy mud. The bike, the gun, even my underwear.
    Been there, done that!
    pdaddy, littletommy and admiral like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Sounds like you are running the DeathWing front tire (OEM). If you are check out the tire threads
    pdaddy likes this.

YEP!

VintageGW's
    4 GL1000 Some of these are for sale....
    1 GL1800
    Gone to a good home - '04 TW200 - Mulita!

C'mon Gary, give the junior members some slack. The original poster has 4 posts, you have 4,000. We were all newbies once.

I've learned a lot from this forum and get a lot of satisfaction from helping others in any way that I can.

Brian
    Fred, pdaddy, Moabman and 8 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links