I really don't like the seat.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gentlemen,

Last week I bought a brand new 2010 TW200. It is now one of 6 motorcycles in my garage, and the only street legal dirt bike I own. We have a lot of amazing trails in the rugged mountains near my home in Scottsdale and being able to go out without having to load up the trailer to haul my bike is appealing. I love the TW200 and it has demonstrated that it is capable of tackling the steepest rocky trails and the deepest sand with my 200 lbs on it. But I HATE the seat which slopes so steeply that I am always sliding forward. If the seat was level like the one on my CR-250 the bike would be a lot more comfortable to trail ride on. I must be the odd man out because after a search I can't find other posts from somebody who wants a different seat. Does anybody make an aftermarket seat that is level or will I have to make my own? Suggestions?

Finally, this is a great forum with a ton of useful information. Thanks.

Chip
    The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Beck View Post
    Gentlemen,

Last week I bought a brand new 2010 TW200. It is now one of 6 motorcycles in my garage, and the only street legal dirt bike I own. We have a lot of amazing trails in the rugged mountains near my home in Scottsdale and being able to go out without having to load up the trailer to haul my bike is appealing. I love the TW200 and it has demonstrated that it is capable of tackling the steepest rocky trails and the deepest sand with my 200 lbs on it. But I HATE the seat which slopes so steeply that I am always sliding forward. If the seat was level like the one on my CR-250 the bike would be a lot more comfortable to trail ride on. I must be the odd man out because after a search I can't find other posts from somebody who wants a different seat. Does anybody make an aftermarket seat that is level or will I have to make my own? Suggestions?

Chip

I have a Rick Mayer seat works well. I have spend over 10 hours a day in this seat. Just one suggestion.

The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

An all-gripper seat cover is a major upgrade to any motorcycle. You could retain a seat shape that is close to stock, and still be able to sit back a bit for comfort, without all of the sliding. I think that a completely flat seat on the TW would make it feel strange, even if you had a correspondingly high set of handlebars. I've seen an all-gripper cover on ebay for cheap. That's probably what I'll get for mine, and I'll probably beef up the foam slightly in the front. Just another possible option.

Carve up some kneeling pads from a garden supply and put them under a Sterns seat cover. Cheap and effective, but not as pretty as a custom seat.

I have the same problem..i like that seat tw2007.

Scottsdale arizona? im right next door in fountain hills
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by xdac View Post
    Scottsdale, Arizona? I'm right next door in fountain hills.

We are neighbors. I live at 128th St. & Shea. I'll show you whatever seat solution I select from the suggestions that come up here.

Chip
    The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.

Gentlemen,

Chip

I did an agreeably expensive fix on mine. I bought some seat gel online and then had a local recover the seat with 1" foam and some some dacron batting. gel $70 recover $60 but WELL worth it. It can probably be done by simply having the recoverer over stuff the seat.

We are neighbors. I live at 128th St. & Shea. I'll show you whatever seat solution I select from the suggestions that come up here.

Chip
    Sweet! We need to get in contact with each other. I've been thinking of having a shop add a few inches of foam or something..but havent had enough time to follow through on it.
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links