Ordered a new jacket today...
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Ordered a new jacket today...

Ordered a new jacket today...

I've been thinking lately about a new jacket.

I have 3 jackets, an old school black leather Harley jacket that doesn't quite fit lately...since I gained the last 20 lbs.

A mesh Harley jacket which fits and I like a lot, but it has Harley patches on it, so I don't use it on the Yamaha. (this one goes with the bike when I sell it, if it fits the rider)

A heavier black Cyclegear Bilt jacket which is great on either bike in the cold.

On the hotter days, I often feel tempted to just ride in my T-shirt, which I do for a 1/2 mile trip to the store and such, but for anything that is more distance or across town, I know it is a mistake in judgment and I really don't want to fall into a bad habit.

So, I've been looking at this one.

BILT - Techno Mesh Motorcycle Jacket - Textile - Jackets - Street - Cycle Gear

With it being very vented and partially white, I should have no more excuses to ride safely. It was on sale at $99.99 versus regular price of $179.99

I also had a coupon code for 10% off on an order of $50.00 or more.
    Coupon codes are still valid if you want to use them through the end of the month.
    In store: 641107 or Online ordering: Refresh10
    Did I mention free shipping too?

Total: $97.82 with tax.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img538/5003/wR3oyQ.jpg (coupon and info)
    ZDR1, TopPredator, Joemama and 7 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

I think you picked a winner LT.
    White color, removable cold weather liner and over-all abrasion resistance seem like big improvements over my $150 first generation mesh...black CE armor over black nylon mesh. Let us know how it works out.
    littletommy likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

You will look great ripping over the slip rock in that jacket!
    Fred and littletommy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    You will look great ripping over the slip rock in that jacket!
    or maybe the slip rock will look great with LT ripping over it in that jacket....
    littletommy likes this.
    1991 TW200

Good thinking Paul. It would make a good coat for Moab with it's liner and back storage pocket, plus makes it easier to keep track of Tommy as he pioneers ahead. My shell for once it gets cold is worn over mesh, and is stored under Cyclerack until needed.
    littletommy likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

5 year guarantee too. It seems like a good jacket for the money. I wonder if I can fit my shell and the jackets liner in my tool tube?
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I haven't found anything more comfortable than an old army P.T. jacket with some sort of hoodie or the like underneath. I do have a Black Leather M/C Jacket that was given to me. I've never worn it and think it would look funny with it on riding a TW. Sort of like the Moped Gangs I saw in Germany back in the mid 80's.

My problem is I just can't bring myself to spend the money on something new and modern! I should have not gained so much weight over the years and I could have kept wearing the brown leather jacket I gave to one of my boys. Then Borneo and I could have been in the brown leather jacket gang. You do have to have at least 2 people for a gang don't you?

The jacket you're looking at is cool looking and the price is pretty good.
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I wish I could just wear a hoodie, but all my riding these days are on the street in and around town. Speeds are 25 to 60, so I really need to be wearing something.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Speaking of Jackets...Borneo's story about his on the new Borneodreams Blog reminded me to get my favorite old leather brown jacket out and see if I had lost enough pounds and arm/shoulder size to wear it while riding the TW this fall:

The Jacket 002.JPG

I bought this one as a gift for myself back in 1983 or 84...I weighted in at around 175 pounds and was a mere 35 or so years old.....when I began lifting weights some 10 years later, getting a start after several rounds of back problems, the weight lifting seemed to strengthen my back, along with a couple of Epidurals at Fort Wayne Orthopedics...and I bloomed up to 220+ pounds by the age of 50. Needless to say the Jacket was put in the closet for a few years or more....once I discovered I was pre-diabetic 2, I began to shed the pounds and dropped down to 185, so I took the jacket to Wapakoneta and had new sleeves and a new zipper put on it...since that time I have moved back and forth between the 185 to 195 range...the closer I get to 195, the less the jacket is worn...so after the new VA Doc told me to drop 15 or 20, I set my goal to split the difference and make it 178....this morning at 187, the jacket is about ready for some cold weather riding, or at least cool weather....another 5 pounds on my way to 178 should do the trick

Patrick O'Houseworth.jpg

Here I am in it a couple seasons ago at about 195...a bit to snug for my liking...
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 08-19-2015 at 07:08 AM.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Good find LT. Wont make it look like Im heading to the stadium to put on a MX stunt show

Heres another from Leatherup in about the same price range Ive been eyeballing for awhile.
    Xelement 'All Season' Mens Black/Grey Tri-Tex/Mesh Jacket - LeatherUp.com
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links