We do meet the nicest people here!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: We do meet the nicest people here!

We do meet the nicest people here!

So, I am dealing with a long standing member, keithmaine, on an item he is selling in classified. I mentioned that my brother is going on vacation up near him in early September and wanted some info about the area. Now my brother has all the details about where to dine and what to do all around where they will be staying.

Does it get any better than the TW200 forum?

GAryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Does it get any better than the TW200 forum?
    Not really! This is the friendliest forum I have been a part of.

Keith's always seemed like a pretty good guy. He drives hack's too. (so I like him a little bit more) he he
    mhomadness and jtomelliott49 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

On a road trip across the country we went into Bisbee, Az. As we are driving down the street a gentleman gives us a thumbs up for our little camper as we pass, I pull into a lot just down the street and he comes over to ask about the camper and we chat for a few minutes and I spy a TW in the lot and ask him if it is his or someone he knows. He tells me it is his so we chat about TW's then I find out he owns the cool hat store he was in front of so we go to his store and I look at all the great hats and end up buying one from him. His name is Grant and he owns Optimo Hat Works if anyone is in this area stop by and see his store and give him some business.
    Fred, Hidebound, boznarras and 3 others like this.
    I am I and I may not know why but I know that I like it. Dr. Seuss
    15 TW, 06 Ural Patrol and 89 Honda Transalp

Let's see the hat!
    Nice thread you started Gary, couldn't agree more. Now are you going to bring your XT with keithmarine's 3.5 gallon tank to MOAB next year? With that big tank you won't need much more than 3.14159 refills to get close.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

A couple of weeks ago I was camping at a cma rally between Hoot and Montezuma. I met them both over dinner with Montezuma's daughter serving us at a restaurant. As Gary said, you meet some nice folks on this forum for sure!
    Jay Dub

Current rides:
    '01 TW200 bone stock
    '06 Honda CRF230F lighted & plated.(KISS where less is more)
    '01 BMW R1100RL with Russell "Day Long" saddle, Aeroflow screen, heated grips, throttle lock, modulating headlight & tail light.

Previous rides:
    '87 BMW K100LT, '03 Honda XR650L, '95 Honda XLR250R "Baja," '71 BMW R60/5, '81 Honda CM400C "Custom," '82 Honda ATC 185S, '79 CR125 Elsinore, '79 KE175,
    various others I don't remember the models

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Let's see the hat!
    Nice thread you started Gary, couldn't agree more. Now are you going to bring your XT with keithmarine's 3.5 gallon tank to MOAB next year? With that big tank you won't need much more than 3.14159 refills to get close.
    Ha Ha Fred. I don't have a clue what I might do with the tank but since I buy and sell a lot of TWs I am sure I will find one in need of a tank and will likely build a long distance runner at some point and deck it out with all the farkles. Bucknutz just picked up a good project out of PA with lots of extra parts and a running TW that needs a bit of TLC so we may have to work together on a number of different projects. A trip way out to Moab would be a treat but wow is that a long run for us.

GaryL
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I do however own a three bike trailer! Just saying..........

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    I do however own a three bike trailer! Just saying..........

Tom
    I have a trailer that would easily handle 3 TWs and brother has one that would take 4. It is just that 2200 mile one way drive that kills such a trip. I could do it but not many others can find the free time to spend at least ten days away from home and family and all these trips to Moab seem to be planned for the exact wrong time of year in our early spring thaws. We could get an early spring storm that dumps a couple feet of snow while we are out west and worse yet we could get an early spring snap thaw that brings serious flooding. We are not truly safe here until early May.

GaryL

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I have a trailer that would easily handle 3 TWs and brother has one that would take 4. It is just that 2200 mile one way drive that kills such a trip. I could do it but not many others can find the free time to spend at least ten days away from home and family and all these trips to Moab seem to be planned for the exact wrong time of year in our early spring thaws. We could get an early spring storm that dumps a couple feet of snow while we are out west and worse yet we could get an early spring snap thaw that brings serious flooding. We are not truly safe here until early May.

GaryL
    Just because you are right. It doesn't mean that I have to like it!

Tom
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links